Car freezes when at high speed then game crashes on PC

by steel_hawkeye

Original Post

Re: Car freezes when at high speed then game crashes on PC

Community Manager

@MisterJohnRoss

You should get any NFS game updates via Origin.

Click on the game then the settings button and then Update Game.

If you get a game update from any other source we are unable to be sure they are 'legit'.

barry.png
Message 31 of 42 (1,799 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@83835_bubba wrote:

[Comment Removed - Admin.] This is BS, I just paid for this game and cant even play more than 5 min without it crashing. Been to over 15 forums and tried many many suggestions, from EA, to individual posts. I have even tried rolling back to 5 different Nvidia drivers. I swore I would never buy another EA game after the hackfest that took place in Battlefield 3, but I really do like the need for speed games.... what a waste.

And of course the Guarantee is good for a short time. Too bad I didnt play more during this short "Guarantee" period they seem to brag about on the Origin page.
Your game is garbage EA, you should be ashamed of yourself. EA at one time put out some very good titles, I remember at one time I was an EA fanboy, now, I hope you go bankrupt. A year with a bug so bad, the game just quits.... I'm fairly certain minecraft is hiring, I think the need for speed games may be a bit much for you. Maybe try some Indie games on steam and try to work your way back up to something, that you once were. A company that gives a darrn.

That is the sad thing, I looked up to EA when I was a kid ... when they gave a darn, only to see this happening, the entire Origin <poo> is just a ripoff, with every new game, the same.

Message 32 of 42 (1,732 Views)

★★★ Novice

Greetings everybody who is having this problem with this game. I bought it a few days ago and had same problems all over the place, but there is interesting thing I have found! Sometimes when I get stuck like all of you does in any other way it sometimes got out of that freeze and continue the game as normal, aprox time when it was getting back from freeze was from a few to about 20 seconds. Next thing is that those damn random disconnects that is happening with host migration and stuff... I though what if you DC, but something happens in server and it just hangs you in the game without proper reconnection and forces game to freeze. So what I done is simple: Block NFS Rivals in Windows Firewall from access to internet (how to do it google it). After some short testing everything looks working fine and random freezes gone for good (for now). Although I want all of you to reply here if it worked for you or not! Have a good day and I hope it will fix it for all of us.

Message 33 of 42 (1,687 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This solution, Block NFS Rivals in Windows Firewall, it worked for me, thanks.

Message 34 of 42 (1,638 Views)

★★★ Novice

With that you lose the "core" of the game and that is the online part, limiting or forcefully disabling a games function just to make it work is not a solution

Message 35 of 42 (1,626 Views)

★★★ Novice

Somewhat I agree, but... the core online experience for me personally was not fun at all. Mostly there is about 6 people playing in the same server with me. The most common thing you will get from them is that they only want to wreck you intentionally as Racers and avoid racing with you when you challenge them to "Head-On" race by just ignoring you or just driving they're own ways. As COPS yes they hunt you until they get bored of it or just can't keep up with you or even Bust you. As Cop you won't catch the majority of players properly because they abuse the repair system and will drive around the repair shop whole pursuit just to constantly fix they're car (never ending pursuit...) so there is no fun by trying to chase Players as COPS too mostly. AND constant host-migration processes is annoying. So I personally prefer single player exp then this online *. Thank you for reply tho.

Message 36 of 42 (1,613 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's 2017 and the freezing still haunts me... No matter the .exe you use (32 or 64), no matter the system, the version of Windows, the video card, the drivers, the file system, the storage controller (AHCI, IDE or RAID),  no matter the core count of your cpu, no matter the graphichs settings, the audio output... please, EA, take a serious look at this problem.

Message 37 of 42 (1,570 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sooo anoying!

Message 38 of 42 (1,483 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's 2018 end of January. The game is obviously updated. STILL CRASHES. You fffff idiots. Why woud you add a game to the Vault Origin Access if you haven't fixed it... I thought that it's some new problem but it seems that you just simply don't give a ffff. Bunch of morons, wasted money and just no words. I'm going back to Steam. TADA

Message 39 of 42 (1,184 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just bought this game because it was so fun on PS3....... Sadly this is why I pirate all my games now...... Most of my games......

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/278479256

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/278479065

Message 40 of 42 (987 Views)