Car freezes when at high speed then game crashes on PC

by steel_hawkeye

Original Post

Car freezes when at high speed then game crashes on PC

★★★★★ Novice

Hiya

I`m having this issue with the pc version of NFS Rivals where sometimes when I`m driving at high speeds my car stops completely and the road infront of me isn`t rendered. (Happens a lot on the bridgess). After a few seconds I have to stop the game in task manager or else my pc crashes.  I also have the fps drop problem as well in certain areas but this happens sometimes when I`m in areas with a crisp 30fps. I have everything on low settings and this still happens. Is there any solutions and am I the only one having this issue?

Message 1 of 42 (14,379 Views)

Re: Car freezes when at high speed then game crashes on PC

★ Pro

Sadly, no. The only thing to avoid this is to make a 180 handbrake turn. If you manage to stop before entering the non-rendered area it will load after a little while, however if you enter it in high speed your car will just get "airborne" and the texture will never load. I have the same issues since day one and the patches haven't adressed that at all.

There are certain places on the map which have been referred to as "drop zones" for FPS. It's also a known problem which was improved with the last patch but it only did increase the fps by 10-15% overall which means it's not really noticable if you're not on a high-end pc and you're using the command line to play the game at 60fps (which still drops too much in order for it to be playable).

Message 2 of 42 (14,247 Views)

★★ Novice

I Have this problem too, don t know why. I Try, when i see on the front nothing rendered to do a 180 turnout, but its the same on the another part...

Need to go more slower ? -Standard smile)))

Patch the game, because i think they need some more patches ..

Message 3 of 42 (14,228 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 4 of 42 (14,223 Views)

★ Pro

@vgalino wrote:

Have a look on https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27111624/NFSRunProblemo.PNG

yeah, these are one of the "freeze zones". one that will in almost every certain case is to drive the koenigsegg agera r and take the jump on the left side of the bridge at high speed. It will most likely end up like this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBC1xxXCONQ

Message 5 of 42 (14,216 Views)

★★ Novice

Correct, i understand its a bug...does ea take note of this problem ?

Regards

Victor

Message 6 of 42 (14,213 Views)

★ Pro

@vgalino wrote:

Correct, i understand its a bug...does ea take note of this problem ?

Regards

Victor

Yeah, they're aware of it. But I don't we can expect any patch until 6-12th of january because of the holidays.

Message 7 of 42 (14,210 Views)

★★ Novice

For me this happens every half hour. And it's not just bridges. For me it happens anywhere, highway, forest, desert.

Yes, I have a fast Lambo Aventador and routinely drive 200MPH+. But this major flaw has made the game impossible to play. It's much more than a minor annoyance. My current Speedlist requires 150,000 SP without stopping. I cannot advance because the game keeps crashing and killing all my points.

This is a state-of-the-art i7 Win 7 PC with SSD and a new nVidia GTX 760 with 2 GIG DDR5 purchased just for this game (It works great on all other games including Crysis 3, Battlefield 4, NFS Most Wanted, Massn Effect 3 etc.) so don't blame hardware.

Really disappointing to have this result after purchasing my most expensive game this year. Is there any fix for this. Can I lower my textures or something. Please offer any solution.

Message 8 of 42 (14,201 Views)

★ Pro

It's certainly not related to the hardware, it occurs across all platforms as far as I know. I have a high-end PC as well and I still have these issues. Installing the game on my new Samsung EVO 840 did not change anything from when it was on my mechanical storage drive. All we can do sadly is just wait for another patch, hoping that it'll be adressed with it.

Message 9 of 42 (14,198 Views)

★★ Novice

I have more or less your same pc, Windows 8.1, Intel SSD 530, PNY Geforce 770. I have some problems syncing with need for speed network. I have installed need for speed network on the pc and the ipad, i close from the ipad, and, not sure, but for the moment  i don t have this problem.

Hope its a bug, but try if you have need for speed network on more then one device..

Regards

Victor

Message 10 of 42 (14,194 Views)