Blue Screen PC version

by miketv101

Original Post

Blue Screen PC version

★★★ Newbie

Bought the game and am enjoying it a lot but in around the first hour of gameplay I got a bluescreen. Then I relaunched and played for around five more hours when I thought I was in the clear it happened out of the blue when the game was under no stress with me dinking around with my car in the garage. Just curious if anyones having the same issue because search engines aren't bringing up much and Im currently avoiding playing because blue screens are less than good for your computer.

I might update my driver but a few places I have found references to bluescreen is that the new driver caused it so I probably already have that, and I tried seeing if the game had a corrupt install which it was fine. I also hear turning off origin overlay might help? Can anyone confirm/deny any of these fixes or give me more suggestions? I really want to be able to play again soon. Thanks for any help!

My specs are

Win7

12 GB ram

DirectX11

NVIDIA GTX 480

Message 1 of 13 (2,237 Views)

Re: Blue Screen PC version

Community Manager (retired)

Is there a specific message displayed in the blue screen or is it just a general error message?

Updating your drivers might help. Always be sure you've updated your system, especially your graphics card's drivers, in order to ensure the best performance out of your gameplay. Origin In game is supported in Need for Speed Rivals -
You can Enable/Disable this option in Origin > Application Settings > Origin in game.

This is maybe due to a missing update on Windows such as visual C++ but if you can provide the exact error we can try to assist - In the meantime make sure Windows is up-to-date and try a clean boot

Message 2 of 13 (2,231 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Well it hasn't lasted long enough either time before the computer began restarting itself to get a photo, but maybe I'll try and snag one next time. It seemed like just a page full of coded messages, nothing as clear as a game crashing that has a small window that references the specific thing that failed. I'll also try that clean boot. Thanks for the help so far.

EDIT: Driver is up to date at 331.82 already

Message 3 of 13 (2,229 Views)

★ Pro

Bluescreen are in most occasions caused by your hardware not working properly. Bad drivers are also a factor here and it's not just gfx drivers but could be a lot of other things as well. Next time your get a BSOD, take a photo of it and post it here and we'll see if we can get any more clues.

Windows also logs everything that happens in the event viewer. Check and see what it says there, might be quite cryptic at times but you'll usually get the general idea of what the problem might be.

Message 4 of 13 (2,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yeah I was just trouble shooting and am in the event viewer right now, just trying to sift through to the actual error message, I'll post a one that is pretty close, and I turned off automatic restart on bluescreen so I'll be able to get a picture if/when it happens again

Theres a bunch under windows error reporting which is listed as this morning though my problem happened last night, but I assume it's the ones Im looking for so heres one of them.

0       BlueScreen       Not available       0

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Kernel_0_0_cab_0c1d5446    
      C:\Windows\Minidump\010913-40794-01.dmp C:\Users\mike\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-52416-0.sysdata.xml C:\Users\mike\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5452.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml  

010913-40794-01       0       0

But something tells me thats far too vague amd quite possibly even the wrong message I'm looking for. I'll probably get back to this thread when I get an actual shot of the blue screen, otherwise I don't know what else I can really do.

Message 5 of 13 (2,223 Views)

★ Pro

Yup, that says more or less nothing. We're looking for error codes here, they're most likely under the system tab.

Message 6 of 13 (2,220 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also have this issue with HD7770. Tried a clean install of 13.9 drivers and latest beta 13.11. Nothing changes, all other games work fine ( Crysis 3, Far Cry 3, FIFA 14, Metro 2033, NBA 2K14, Batman Arkham Origins, Max Payne 3, LA Noire etc) so I'm quite sure it's an issue with a game since alot of people get this. I'm sure it's crashing drivers hard since I got 0x0116 stop error or something like that in BSOD, sometimes before BSOD I see "AMD display driver stopped responding". And just before crash I hear error sound.

Message 7 of 13 (2,210 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same issue and same thing with GTX 660Ti

Also says the driver stopped working.

Apparently this only happen to me with BF4 Campaign and NFS Rivals. All my other games run fine.

Message 8 of 13 (2,200 Views)

★ Apprentice
Spoiler
==================================================
Dump File         : 112813-15880-01.dmp
Crash Time        : 28/11/2013 23:30:24
Bug Check String  :
Bug Check Code    : 0x00000116
Parameter 1       : fffffa80`134ee1e0
Parameter 2       : fffff880`0fdc02bc
Parameter 3       : ffffffff`c000009a
Parameter 4       : 00000000`00000004
Caused By Driver  : dxgkrnl.sys
Caused By Address : dxgkrnl.sys+5d140
File Description  :
Product Name      :
Company           :
File Version      :
Processor         : x64
Crash Address     : ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0
Stack Address 1   :
Stack Address 2   :
Stack Address 3   :
Computer Name     :
Full Path         : C:\Windows\Minidump\112813-15880-01.dmp
Processors Count  : 4
Major Version     : 15
Minor Version     : 7601
Dump File Size    : 807.192
Dump File Time    : 28/11/2013 23:31:15
==================================================

This is what bluescreenviewer shows me

Message 9 of 13 (2,199 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also haveing the same prob, this game has too many problems, I have two R7850's crossfired and at some places the games frame rate will drop down to about 19-22. it seems like the dev. dont give a damn about the issues with there games because they have left it to the gamers to correct the problems with it. and it seems like every time I play it a new problem shows up

Message 10 of 13 (2,164 Views)