[xbox 360] dlc download not find alert - SOLVED!

by giga1111

Original Post

Re: FiX the Fix ? Post-Update problems [xbox360]

★★ Novice

Many thanks FodderBhoy this is now fixed :-)

Message 11 of 23 (1,412 Views)

Re: FiX the Fix ? Post-Update problems > dlc download nag + content not find alert >>> SOLVED ! [xbox360]

★★★ Newbie

same problem downloaded  dlc got dlc warnings , update, error code, could not find storage device, yawn yawn, now lost all achievements still @speedlevel 50 , but have to do all billboards, speed cams and chase all most wanted cars again " FLUBBERLUMPS" FIX IT EA !!!! such a good game but it needs sorting

Message 12 of 23 (1,380 Views)

★★★ Newbie

tried this lost the nagging download content window , but then go back to game and have to do all billboards,cams, and most wanted cars again yet my speedlevel is 50 " well at least your getting value for mony out of the game" Standard smile

Message 13 of 23 (1,378 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Cheers for that

Added XP

Take note please EA, get your QA guys up to speed....it seems there's a need. (see what I did there)

Patrick

Message 14 of 23 (1,358 Views)

★★★ Newbie

freaking awesome response thefodderbhoy, thanks a lot man! I appreciate it, followed exactly as stated, kept all my cars and stuff. XP+!

Message 15 of 23 (1,352 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@thefodderbhoy wrote:

Just experienced the same issue.  Not sure if anyone is still experiencing this fault, but if so try the following:

1. Go to storage device and delete both the downloaded update and the online pass (you do NOT have to delete your saved game)

2. Install the game

3. Load game and let it download the update as normal (do NOT play the game during the download)

4. Once the update has installed, exit the game and redownload the online pass from your download history

5. Load the game as normal. You should not receive the prompt about the update again.

Since doing the above I have not received any prompts to update again and autolog appears to be working fine.  I have not played any of the multiplayer, only single player.

I do not know if the above will work without the need to install the game.

Hope this helps some of you Confusedmileyhappy:

Worked for me. Good job

Message 16 of 23 (1,341 Views)

★★ Novice

certaintly help that solution you gave great work XP for you 

Message 17 of 23 (1,329 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@thefodderbhoy wrote:

Just experienced the same issue.  Not sure if anyone is still experiencing this fault, but if so try the following:

1. Go to storage device and delete both the downloaded update and the online pass (you do NOT have to delete your saved game)

2. Install the game

3. Load game and let it download the update as normal (do NOT play the game during the download)

4. Once the update has installed, exit the game and redownload the online pass from your download history

5. Load the game as normal. You should not receive the prompt about the update again.

Since doing the above I have not received any prompts to update again and autolog appears to be working fine.  I have not played any of the multiplayer, only single player.

I do not know if the above will work without the need to install the game.

Hope this helps some of you Confusedmileyhappy:

900+ views and only 7 XP. Be ashamed if you havent done it yet. A solution even EA themselves seem to be unaware of.

Message 18 of 23 (1,220 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thank you thefodderbhoy

The team also published an article with a workaround here Xbox 360 update error

Message 19 of 23 (1,123 Views)

★ Apprentice

Perfect, thank you, worked great.

Message 20 of 23 (1,108 Views)