[xbox 360] dlc download not find alert - SOLVED!

by giga1111

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[xbox 360] dlc download not find alert - SOLVED!

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Criterion /EA > thank you for taking your time/ money/ resources and doing wonderful "online store " update noone really asked for  , although you could spend some of that time better, by fixing  problems with game that exist since release .

After yesterdays XBL game update I'm getting strange game behavior > everytime I boot game  , right  before It comes to the title screen I get XBL notice "System can't find drive where online content has been installed Press A to return to main screen" ??? After pressing A , title screen goes blank > game reboots - starts again >then , after profile loading screen,game freezes for about 15 sec , then XBL screen nags me just about everytime to "download content  blah ,blah ,blah " which I installed 3 times , then deleted everything ,including XBOX disk cache , installed update again ,  but no > everytime I started game , first  it reboots ,and then nags me with downloadable content etc...   

After game starts ,everything is OK 

Anyone else experience this ?

PS.  nothing wrong with my xBOX 'cause every other game works just fine :D

Edit: Title edited

Message 1 of 23 (7,069 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: FiX the Fix ? Post-Update problems [xbox360]

★★★ Newbie

Just experienced the same issue.  Not sure if anyone is still experiencing this fault, but if so try the following:

1. Go to storage device and delete both the downloaded update and the online pass (you do NOT have to delete your saved game)

2. Install the game

3. Load game and let it download the update as normal (do NOT play the game during the download)

4. Once the update has installed, exit the game and redownload the online pass from your download history

5. Load the game as normal. You should not receive the prompt about the update again.

Since doing the above I have not received any prompts to update again and autolog appears to be working fine.  I have not played any of the multiplayer, only single player.

I do not know if the above will work without the need to install the game.

Hope this helps some of you Confusedmileyhappy:

View in thread

Message 8 of 23 (6,827 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

So many problems today... Yep that happened to me also. I just simply ignore it. Although it frustrates me how the new update eats 500mb. 

Message 2 of 23 (6,967 Views)

★ Guide

Have you done "concours" ?  

I'm  trying to understand why this is not affecting everyone with xbox > I've found only 3 posts about this "download" prompt problem , while I also have  additional "game reboot @ language selection screen " problem as explained in my post :D :D :D  

I've been thinking ,  maybe It will  stop bother me with those download content messages  if I buy DLC ?   :D  

Message 3 of 23 (6,910 Views)

★ Guide

Must be something with online pass/lmtd edition file > if I delete It , I can start game without being nagged with download screens , also Ultimate DLC works ,but I can't go on-line without online pass  >  When I restore it ,  download dlc  prompt is back  :D

Message 4 of 23 (6,883 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me too " stick hot pursuit in and it does the same thing " load up the run and it dos,nt" think its a criterion thing ??????? both hot pursuit and most wanted done by criterion !!!!! the run done by black box and frost bite no issues on this game Standard smile

Message 5 of 23 (6,880 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I too have the same problem. Unreal. We pay all this money for a game, and problems go unfixed for months.
Message 6 of 23 (6,769 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this same problem. It looks like there is the same problem listed in these threads:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed-Most-Wanted/NFS-Most-wanted-Ultimate-speed-pack-DLC/m-p/3093...

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed-Most-Wanted/XBox-360-Constantly-Prompted-To-Download-Multipl...

WITH NO SOLUTION.

help EA, this is obviously not an isolated incident

Message 7 of 23 (6,730 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just experienced the same issue.  Not sure if anyone is still experiencing this fault, but if so try the following:

1. Go to storage device and delete both the downloaded update and the online pass (you do NOT have to delete your saved game)

2. Install the game

3. Load game and let it download the update as normal (do NOT play the game during the download)

4. Once the update has installed, exit the game and redownload the online pass from your download history

5. Load the game as normal. You should not receive the prompt about the update again.

Since doing the above I have not received any prompts to update again and autolog appears to be working fine.  I have not played any of the multiplayer, only single player.

I do not know if the above will work without the need to install the game.

Hope this helps some of you Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 8 of 23 (6,828 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@ thefodderbhoy  >  thank you  for solution :D XP given

I've  deleted update and online pass , then redownload update from within game  , quit game , redownload online pass from download queue and that is that .  Now it is booting as it should and no nag screens anymore >  must be something with dlc download and staying in game while doing that > I think before I never done  that > I quit game before download finished or I download it from XBL , not game. 

Message 9 of 23 (6,692 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What a genius fix!!! You should send ur CV to EA maybe do a better job. XP Given!!!!

Message 10 of 23 (6,655 Views)