What do they mean by cross platform? can i play online multiplayer with others?

by shant1998

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What do they mean by cross platform? can i play online multiplayer with others?

★ Newbie
Do they mean by cross platform that we can play online with other player on other platform. E.g. Iphone to ps3 player
Message 1 of 5 (7,137 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: What do they mean by cross platform? can i play online multiplayer with others?

★★★ Apprentice

platforms = xbox or ps3 or pc

cross platform means players from one platfrom to another platform

i dont think cross platform multiplayer is possible.

you can play MP with other players on same platfrom only.

please mark this topic solved or helpful if this answers your question.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (7,994 Views)

All Replies

Re: What do they mean by cross platform? can i play online multiplayer with others?

★★★ Apprentice

platforms = xbox or ps3 or pc

cross platform means players from one platfrom to another platform

i dont think cross platform multiplayer is possible.

you can play MP with other players on same platfrom only.

please mark this topic solved or helpful if this answers your question.

Message 2 of 5 (7,995 Views)

★ Pro
U forgot Vita, Android and iOS. But no, I don't think u can play against others in MP using other platforms. You can however progress your driver on PS3 and Vita though for an example.
Message 3 of 5 (7,100 Views)

★ Guide

As I understand , Autolog tracks progress from multiple platforms  > but you need to be signed with same Origin account . I.E.: you can play game on XBOX (end up on L21 ),then go mobile with Vita / Android and continue from L21 where you ended on XBOX)  > then continue progress with PS3 and finally use PC for some afterplay :D   Everything you'll achieve playing game on different platforms , will be accumulated in your Autolog , so there is no need to repeat same game progress on every console you have .

Message 4 of 5 (7,087 Views)

Re: What do they mean by cross platform? can i play online multiplayer with othe

★★★ Newbie

Actually cross-platform multiplayer is possible and is done in multiple games now and 1 example i know of is terraria which you can play with from others from ps3 to ps4 and xbox360 to Xbox one but there is no comparability with PC for any platforms.

Message 5 of 5 (2,182 Views)