Steering problem: The car is so hard to control

by alirezanoori1986

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Steering problem: The car is so hard to control

★★ Novice

I have installed and ran the game without any issues. However when I try to steer, I hit the walls one after another.

I have played all NFS games and this is actually the first one that I have any kind of problem with. Usually when I start the game, I go and finish almost half the game the first time and finish it in 1-2 days tops. So you could imagine the shock I was in when I couldn't drive at all in any of the races.

I like the new edition of Most Wanted and I certainly think this one is better than the previous edition but it's no good if I can't drive. After all, this is a driving game, right?

I use my Xbox 360 Controller but it's the same with the keyboard. There's a few tricks online to fix this but I couldn't get it to work. This is one of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ij4bq84oBo

I am willing to provide any kind of feedback/video/info to be able to play this game. I've waited a long time for this.

Message 1 of 17 (112,282 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Steering problem: The car is so hard to control

★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply. I solved the problem on my own. I carefully reviewed the driving and steering procedures. The problem I was experiencing was a delay between when I entered the command to turn the wheels and when they actually turned.

I thought a little and it occured to me: Maybe it takes the hardware more time to process the input. I changed the graphics to a lower quality and resolution and it solved the problem altogether.

I recommend anyone experiencing any kind of problem to change their graphics settings. Especially their resolution.

View in thread

Message 3 of 17 (131,428 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro

Double tap brake and then slam the gas again to begin sliding, this is crucial just as in Hot Pursuit (2010). Brake a lot. Also equipping your car with track tires will improve control a lot, but the steering takes a while to get used to, I found it quite hard and stiff to begin with but after a while I fifured it out. Im using my PS3 controller and while it's a bit too responsive I mange quite alright...

Just shot this, as you can see I still bump and grind to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59CJL6o8EFI&hd=1

There's a huge difference between cars and how they handle. The Godzilla is a bit tricky to steer while a car like the Carrera S while master anything!

Message 2 of 17 (112,106 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply. I solved the problem on my own. I carefully reviewed the driving and steering procedures. The problem I was experiencing was a delay between when I entered the command to turn the wheels and when they actually turned.

I thought a little and it occured to me: Maybe it takes the hardware more time to process the input. I changed the graphics to a lower quality and resolution and it solved the problem altogether.

I recommend anyone experiencing any kind of problem to change their graphics settings. Especially their resolution.

Message 3 of 17 (131,429 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm very very new to gaming , and I just can't control this car , I'm playing as a cop and just cannot stop crashing , I realise I'm new , but I'm still on my very first assignment and get get a bronze to go further . I bought all the add on etc etc fron the ps game store , thought I had access to all cars and make my life easier , but without crashing I can't get over the first mission , I don't recognize where to bank ( if any ) credits . I've spent a fortune on this game and can't even play it !!!!
Message 4 of 17 (103,649 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@wesnuman wrote:
I'm very very new to gaming , and I just can't control this car , I'm playing as a cop and just cannot stop crashing , I realise I'm new , but I'm still on my very first assignment and get get a bronze to go further . I bought all the add on etc etc fron the ps game store , thought I had access to all cars and make my life easier , but without crashing I can't get over the first mission , I don't recognize where to bank ( if any ) credits . I've spent a fortune on this game and can't even play it !!!!

You're looking for the Rivals forums, not the Most Wanted one. To corner in Rivals, slam hard on the brakes, turn and get back on the gas immediately. The tail will kick out and cornering will become much easier.

Message 5 of 17 (103,539 Views)

★★★ Novice
Where do I find the option to lower the resolution I'm on a ps4 , but can't find settings to lower , any ideas ? Thanks ever so much
Message 6 of 17 (102,778 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@wesnuman wrote:
Where do I find the option to lower the resolution I'm on a ps4 , but can't find settings to lower , any ideas ? Thanks ever so much

The PS4 version of Rivals does not have configurable settings. My only advice to you (and all that you can do, in fact), is to practice.

Message 7 of 17 (102,763 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

:robotfrustrated: TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

I know exactly what your talking about. i have just got the Trustmaster T300rs. the game is broken pure and simple. this is due to bad programming. having to get use to bad programming is the worse workaround i have ever heard. ever. and having to turn graphics down. noo.. thats no good.

The game needs working on. by ea. it needs fixing this could have been a great game with force feedback settings and better steering. but no none of that you get it as it is. broken.

There is a mod if you look around look for improved steering sensitivity fix mod. install this mod and it will fix the steering. i will give you a link. funny how modders was the only ones that did anything about this games horrendous steering. thats gamers dedication for ya. Ea. you suck.!! i can understand people who have controllers are not really noticing how bad the steering is.. but when you have a wheel you can really tell that the game is broken and it came out broken and nothing has been done to fix it. for 3 years now, apart from a mod. that ea probably wouldnt like you using. but hey. there not fixing the steering. and its a shame. cause they talk now about whats happened to need for speed and is 2015s need for speed going to be the one to fix them all. well. all they have to do is bring a racing game out that has good steering. but maybe they just dont know how. ?

try the mod you will be very happy. dont change any settings. even if you have wheel. use as is. here is the mod >> http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/56987751/file.html put these files into the your game directory. and that s it. play. 

and if your meaning ivory towers the crew. the game almost dislocated my wrist on full force feedback settings. even on set at half the feedback off road is ridiculous and this is suppose to be next gen. but still dont seem to care about the wheels force feedback settings. i have heard that ea or ivory tower is working with thrustmaster to improve the force feedback issues. i heard from an ea rep. but i dont know if it is true and i dont know how long its going to be. with the crew you just have to set your force feedback settings. very low. 3 or 4 clicks from the left. but when i spend money on games and consoles and wheels etc etc. i expect to get my moneys worth and actually enjoy these games. but whats the point having a wheel that cost over £300 when you have to turn the FFB settings down so low you hardly notice them. and playing it with force feedback on full or half is no fun at all. we pay a ton of money out on this stuff. to be amused. to have fun. to enjoy the games and we just are not getting what we pay for. we are paying through the nose for  games that always seem to be broken. or not fully finished. and i bet they wonder why we complain. well if you had a ferrari and they told you you can only drive it around at 30 mph would you enjoy it. would it be fun what you expected. no so why are we getting fobbed off with games. turn graphics down turn force feedback down. dont do this cause theres a broken level there. come on. we dont pay all thsi money for this *.

Message 8 of 17 (98,946 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@ Krieger22 so as an EA operative your telling people to just play the games and get use to it your not going to fix them. is that what your saying. get use to it. cause we wont be fixing the steering issues any time soon. and we dont give a damn. sure sounds that way. i paid good money for these games. why should i not just go download these broken games off the internet. why should i pay you good money for broken games. when i can download a torrent file. you will never get a pre order off me either. am old fashioned i like to get bonuses in a game not in a pre order. pre orders are killing the gaming industry and making you all lazy. once you got your cash you just give us your garbage games.

am sure some of the guys who worked on most wanted 2012 and who worked on Rivals could actually give a damn about what they have created and fix the game for people with wheels. and give us some options for force feedback and sensitivity everyone else does it. i think this is why your games dont do any good. cause you never think about the steering and make the games compatable for wheels. and force feedback effects. we just get your settings. that most of the time suck big time. !!! but hey guys. you have to get use to it.

thats discusting.

Message 9 of 17 (98,933 Views)

★ Apprentice

I too have the same issue with this game, and am also tired of being ripped off by publishers like EA.  I signed in just to say that I'm totally with homerlvsbeer on this.

Message 10 of 17 (95,567 Views)