Steering Sensitivity??

by AngieAndretti

Original Post

Re: Steering Sensitivity??

★ Apprentice

I had the same exact issue, Alabamatick.  I gave up on it initially, but decided to fiddle with the settings a bit.  After changing the keyboard commands in the settings, the Control file showed up!  So try messing with the Key Bindings, and that might just do the trick.

Message 31 of 47 (2,304 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Going out tonight, so try tomorrow, thx
Message 32 of 47 (2,284 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any luck and/or Update?

I just got this game for free the other day, too.

Message 33 of 47 (2,234 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

No, i've tried changing key bindings / button assignment, but the file hasn't shown up yet, i'll try again today

i tried the xpadder fix but quite often it changes back to controller but even if it doesn't it doesn't seem to help, i never had this trouble with nfs world, iirc i used xpadder on that and the steering was brilliant.

the severe oversteer is killing this game for meSick

Message 34 of 47 (2,215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Got it, similar to what somebody posted before >

in game setting, change key bindings / button config to what you want, (you must do this first*)

now go to documents > criterion games >need for speed most wanted >save > 2260373530 (this is a folder name)

inside the numbered folder there is now 2 files, mine says - controls.nfs13save and MUD.29.nfs13save (*note if you don't change your controls in game then there will only be the MUD file there)

now open the controls.nfs file with a file editor (i use notepad++), scroll down till you see 2 entries named >

STEERLEFT=0,X_AXIS (LS),0.00,-1.00
STEERRIGHT=0,X_AXIS (LS),0.00,1.00

now the numbers on the end (1.00) are the sensitivity, 1.00 is default (oversteer) experiment with them, (i tried 2.00 but that caused to much understeer for me)

i settled on 1.75, note remember to hit save, problem solved Standard smile

Edit: note there are STEERLEFT and STEERRIGHT entries for keyboard and xbox controller, be sure you edit the right ones

Message 35 of 47 (2,202 Views)

★★★ Novice

i also got the game for free, i had it few days but not started. so today i thought i try it but indeed the steering sucks. sounds are awesome. better then the crew and better then grid 2. graphics also nice. but if steering dont work i dont even go play the game. its sad, finally a game with good sounding cars and then this... but np becouse it was free. 

i also thought if i have fun with this game i buy the newest nfs too but thats a no. i keep playing battlefield series :D my main game

Message 36 of 47 (2,079 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Darkmoon_Rabbit wrote:

i also got the game for free, i had it few days but not started. so today i thought i try it but indeed the steering sucks. sounds are awesome. better then the crew and better then grid 2. graphics also nice. but if steering dont work i dont even go play the game. its sad, finally a game with good sounding cars and then this... but np becouse it was free. 

i also thought if i have fun with this game i buy the newest nfs too but thats a no. i keep playing battlefield series :D my main game

Read what i posted above ^

Message 37 of 47 (2,073 Views)

★★★ Novice

i know, i have read the whole topic before i posted but i only have only 1 file in save map and thats mud file. if i open that i see only weird letters f and í. and the config file in the C:\Users\.......\Documents\Criterion Games\Need For Speed(TM) Most Wanted i only see this below.... 

[Display]
SSAOLevel=1
LockTo30=false
HiResTextures=true
FitToVertical=true
ParticleShadows=true
HeadlightShadows=true
Scattering=true
FrameLatency=0
VsyncInterval=0
SSAAWidth=2
SSAAHeight=2
MotionBlurLevel=3
ReflectionDetailLevel=2
LodScaling=1
VfxDetail=2
ScreenScale=0
Brightness=0
Contrast=0
Width=1920
Height=1080
GammaRamp=1.000
LockTo30=false
[Hardware]
AdapterNumber=0
OutputNumber=0
[Settings]
ShadowMapLevel=2
Webcam=
[Sound]
MusicVolume=0
SfxVolume=8
SpeechVolume=8
SpeakerSetup=1
Reverb=1
[Gameplay]
EnableVibration=false

not more. and someone said if you dont change anything in settings you dont get another config. i have changed something. but i didnt get another config. and for controls i dont know. maybe i must change keyboard settings becouse the xbox controller settings are good so dont need to be changed. i will try another time. but after all its weird that its still not fixed. when i have read this here the first post was 2012 or 2013 and you know where we are now :P

Message 38 of 47 (2,062 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Darkmoon_Rabbit wrote:

i know, i have read the whole topic before i posted but i only have only 1 file in save map and thats mud file. if i open that i see only weird letters f and í. and the config file in the C:\Users\.......\Documents\Criterion Games\Need For Speed(TM) Most Wanted i only see this below.... 

[Display]
SSAOLevel=1
LockTo30=false
HiResTextures=true
FitToVertical=true
ParticleShadows=true
HeadlightShadows=true
Scattering=true
FrameLatency=0
VsyncInterval=0
SSAAWidth=2
SSAAHeight=2
MotionBlurLevel=3
ReflectionDetailLevel=2
LodScaling=1
VfxDetail=2
ScreenScale=0
Brightness=0
Contrast=0
Width=1920
Height=1080
GammaRamp=1.000
LockTo30=false
[Hardware]
AdapterNumber=0
OutputNumber=0
[Settings]
ShadowMapLevel=2
Webcam=
[Sound]
MusicVolume=0
SfxVolume=8
SpeechVolume=8
SpeakerSetup=1
Reverb=1
[Gameplay]
EnableVibration=false

not more. and someone said if you dont change anything in settings you dont get another config. i have changed something. but i didnt get another config. and for controls i dont know. maybe i must change keyboard settings becouse the xbox controller settings are good so dont need to be changed. i will try another time. but after all its weird that its still not fixed. when i have read this here the first post was 2012 or 2013 and you know where we are now :P

I think you have to change at least 1 button binding for the xbox controller and at least 1 key binding for keyboard controls and then a file called, (this happened for me at least) config.nfs13save, you can now edit this with notepad++, see my post about 3 or 4 above ^^

Message 39 of 47 (2,053 Views)

★★★ Novice

thanks :D i tried it and i got the config. i will try it tomorrow cuz i am tired now :D

Message 40 of 47 (2,046 Views)