Re: Shifting in need for speed most wanted 2012

by motorboater3000

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

I like shifting myself AND I like automatics. The option to choose would settle this age old argument.

Message 11 of 30 (3,981 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well for starters u had Daytona u could shift in that  and other racing arcade games to in other need for speeds u could choose manual why take it of the game that would really benefit from it most as in pushing ur car to the limit with all those upgrades etc high end gear changes top revs all the goodies and having control of the car shifting down gear for  corners accelerating quick out of corners i find some of the cars lack this in which case most actually its only an option why restrict the players of the choice its up to them if they want auto or manual u shouldn't have to pick for people let them make there own decisions like lambs to the slaughter following the sheep !  hehe :P well hope u implicate it in a patch some time would make a lot of people happy.

Thank you 

Message 12 of 30 (3,912 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yep what a rubbish answer. Tons of people find it FUN to use manual transmission and realism has nothing to do with it. F!^$ng anoying that it hasnt been included as i just bought a logitech G27. Mother F******... ARGHG!!!  (yes i am frustrated)

Message 13 of 30 (3,894 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Alright, I agree that most people in America are stupid, but most people in the world are stupid as well. I am an American, but more importantly I'm German, which is far smarter than any other country hands-down (a fact, look at history).
I have never owned an automatic, and never will. Automatics are for people that use a car solely for transportation because there is not another practical form. 'spirited' drivers, or drivers with adrenaline/thrill addiction use manuals because total control of your vehicle is the only way to drive.
Europeans may have more manuals because they are cheaper to purchase, and this is where your dislike (jealousy) of America comes in- because we created the modern world and economy you Europeans enjoy today and we have profited from it, and have more money to waste on luxuries. That, and our countrys unique system was revolutionary, and pose as the desire of all people (give or take a few things here and there).
European, or German I should say, has been the uncontested leader in automotive superiority.... That's no question, but I will say- America did create the muscle car, which hasn't been displaced for sheer insanity of untamed power in 50 years. So don't mock America, because most the world secretly wishes they were us, benefits from, or has more problems than us. Also, America is made from Europeans, and excelled because of it- and is populated by members of every nation on earth... So, get an education, or loose the jealousy-

By the way, forza is a realistic game.... And to say games shouldn't have a choice in transmission because its a game of some type is why games are beginning to blow dogs for quarters. Choice is what makes a game fun, and choice should be the only consistently growing aspect of games....
Message 14 of 30 (3,659 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can code the origin of Need For Speed Most Wanted

Message 15 of 30 (3,515 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Considered that post launch support for this game has ended, why the noise? In any case, the ability to choose your transmission type in driving games has become a more "sim" option than anything. For some reason.

Message 16 of 30 (3,513 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Lame. i just bought bought it and downloaded it and now i wish i hadnt, im not five, i can shift on my own

Message 17 of 30 (3,429 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I just rented this game because i loved the old one but i will not buy this simply because there is no manual transmission. Racing games are probly my favorite genre of game, and a racing game without the simple feature of a manual is pathetic in my personal opinion.
Message 18 of 30 (3,364 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

For toddlers and infants yes. And, by the way Midnight Club which was made in 2009 has a manual transmission mode. How could you guys let MidClub take the cake? It completely defeats the purpose of having a Porche if its going to be automatic. Might as well put the car in cruise control. Oh gee how action packed. Whats next autopilot? How could you put in all the effort to graph out the city and create beautiful graphics but insist on making the driving so mundane? The whole point is to build upon what you already have, not to take away from a prexisting working system. If you wanted to make the game more user friendly you could have set the transmission to automatic mode for default and then allow customers to change the option to manual if they chose. It's like playing UFC 4 with Jon Jones instead the developers disabled you to throw elbows in fear of him missing and receiving a broken nose. Back to the sponge bob squarepants pile for you. Let me guess the next installment will have cars with bumpers. I think  you guys should talk to Microsoft about creating an operating system that forbids the using of the space key as well. I understand the difference between driving simulaters and arcade games but I also know the difference between gameplay and gimmicks. I want my money back.    

Message 19 of 30 (3,333 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I miss too manual transmission. Actually I haven't bought anymmore NFS-games (such as Hot Pursuit and the new Most Wanted) because of this lack and also because of a lack of customization features that really allowed to personalize your car in every respect, like instead it was possible in the first Most Wanted or in Carbon. New games are more and more tryng to be similiar to social networks, but they are losing the point about racing, cars, and what passionate people love about this world.
And I decided to give another chance to Criterion by buying Rivals, but I was disappointed by the game as I expected. Simply (keyboard) controls are terrible and almost completly NOT customizable. Even the storyboard give me a sense of constriction that I hate, forcing you to break up your career as a street racer to became part of police forces driving cars with (too much) unreal weapons.
All these new games seem to be totally focused on silly-children-playstation-gamers but they are nothing about driving and challenging on streets as the previous NFS games were.
And, really, I'm so sorry about it.

Message 20 of 30 (3,098 Views)