[Resolved]Speed Points Reset or Stuck

by SistAlik

Original Post

Re: Reciving no SP while playing the game for 4 hours. HELP the game is unplayab

★★★★ Guide

Ok, here is the reason why no one get SP, cant view friends and etc. Check out this screenshot. You can see that there is no connection with nfs.gos.ea.com server. There is an 500 http error and it says that some data are missing from server HDD. Bravo EA!

Message 71 of 170 (796 Views)

Re: [XBox] NFS Most Wanted Speed Points stuck at 0

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

UPD: that server contents custom profile pictures only, now its working fine and error was fixed. Its not related to whole player stats. I was wrong.

Message 72 of 170 (827 Views)

Re: SP online stuck

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Del

Message 73 of 170 (767 Views)

★★ Novice

Ohhh man! But why my friend can take levels and I can't ?

Message 74 of 170 (760 Views)

★★★★ Guide

No idea. I finished game in 2012 on PS3 and got 50 000 000 SP. It was synced with all platforms. On PS Vita it was 40 000 000 in offline and 50 000 000 in online because I was not in prestige mode, I went into prestige mode after servers crash and since that I have a bit above 40 mil in offline and online but my Speed Level on PS Vita is 0 when it must be 71. On PS3 and PC I still have 50 mil SP and Speed Level 71. Also on all platforms it says that Im not online (red icon) and I cant see friends on main menu but I can see them on all leaderboards.

Message 75 of 170 (755 Views)

★★ Novice

Okok. I take the game when it was free on Origin pc so that's not really important but this is a bit sad that EA doesn't care about NFS MW

Message 76 of 170 (750 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks 8 ball I guess we'll have to wait till someone answers us keep me updated if you don't mind though thanks
Message 77 of 170 (839 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Agamakus

Thank you, that is very interesting and certainly does explain why it doesn't work.  Still, I would have expected game programmers at a company like EA/Origin to be smart enough to factor in the possibility of the autolog server being down and react accordingly (i.e., not reset local points to 0).  We know it works when offline, so the code doesn't need the autolog server in order to function, the problem only manifests when you connect online and the game actually tries to connect to the autolog.

@Straatford87

I don't know how much input you can or cannot have within EA/Origin, but is there any chance you can either find out:

- why the autolog server is down, and can it be restarted?

OR

- if it cannot, is there any chance of a code patch to fix what seems (to me) like a fixable issue?  it looks like we've collectively narrowed the problem down pretty well

@Jess42012@su37yellow, and others

I have found a way to get around the problem, yet still save progress, achievements, etc.  Basically, I created a brand new XBox Live profile, one that does not have a linked EA/Origin account.  Then, starting the game under this new profile, I get a message asking me if I want to allow Microsoft to transfer account information to EA in order to create an EA account, to which I clicked "Decline".  Then, I received a warning that this means I won't connect to autolog (yes!) and I confirm that is ok (i.e., do not allow the game to create an EA account for you!).

Once this is done, I can now play the game (from the beginning) and my progress and achievements are saved as I would expect.  Of course, I won't get any of the autolog achievements on this profile, unless I create that account once I have obtained all of the other SP-related achievements.  Also, I would rather accumulate the achievements under my main profile, but at least it's progress.

Next thing to test would be to simply delete my existing EA account, the one that is linked to my main XBox profile, to see if that works.  However, if I do that, I will no longer be able to post here.

So, another question for EA: if deleting my account works, is that really the behaviour you want your users to employ?  Knowing personally the value of having registered users, I would think you would do anything you could to prevent any kind of exodus due to a bug you can control.

So, over to you, EA.

Message 78 of 170 (818 Views)

Losing Speed Points

★★ Newbie

I have done all the stuff on singeplayer, but I want more cars on multi. I played two police huntings where I get 50 000 per one.

I have now like 1,480 000 but after a race my SP was down to 1,374 000! Please help me and sry for bad English

:D

Message 79 of 170 (767 Views)

I have NFS MW but i cant get SP

★★★ Novice

I have Most Wanted NOT No Limits!I have NFS MW but i cant get SP!!!

Message 80 of 170 (825 Views)