by SistAlik

Original Post

Re: SP online stuck

★★ Novice

Exactly same problem

Message 61 of 170 (777 Views)

Re: [XBox] NFS Most Wanted Speed Points stuck at 0

★★ Novice

About starting over... i did a few times deleted all of my save files related to nfs most wanted... even in the local low folder.

still starting the game connects to auto log and shows a green light next to my user. meaning auto log and easy drive is online..

However the issue seems to be with auto log.. i can set my account to offline in origin and play offline.

Doing so will accumulate Sp normally, like it should... but going online erase progress and turn it to 0. Even thought the game stats shows that i have accumulated Sp in solo game play.

If EA is unwilling to check and fix auto log.. then i guess we should not give our money to EA.. 

I was thinking about playing the new NFS.. but im afraid we will be dumped just like that in let's say...1 year?

maybe it seems like nothing but 70$ for a game is a lot... and the reputation plays on this, Ea has to make sure the game is of pristine quality..

Message 62 of 170 (788 Views)

★★ Novice

it did not fixed it for me.

you can simply just go in offline mode and make sure to REMAIN in offline mode at least until you've unlocked and beated all most wanted cars.. then you can go online.

because the minute you will go online your Sp will be reseted to 0.

This Seems to be an autolog update issue.. and since Ea dumped Auto log... i guess it explains why it doesn't work anymore.

Message 63 of 170 (787 Views)

★ Apprentice

@su37yellow

First, let me start off by saying that it says a lot about EA that you have already been more helpful than anyone in their "support team".  I know this is an older title, but quite frankly, it is not that old and as you say, it is frustrating to spend money on a title without a proper disclaimer that it actually no longer works the way it is intended, with seemingly little to no support whatsoever.  I have worked for a rival game company in the past, and I can tell you heads would have rolled if we ever allowed this type of bad design to occur.

Anyway, can you please clarify what you mean by "i can set my account to offline in origin and play offline"?  Where can you do this?  I assume you are not referring to XBox Live here, but is this something you do in-game?  Or through your account profile online?  I don't mind playing in "offline" mode, so any guidance on how to achieve this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Message 64 of 170 (779 Views)

★★ Novice

The offline mode i refer to is to simply make it impossible for your game to go online.

on the xbox live i think you can choose to not connect automatically online when you start your console.. You would have to make sure your online profile does not join the Xbox live community before launching the game.

The way Most wanted is programmed is that it will notify you upon launching the game that you are not connected to the internet.. you press b to skip that interaction and you will be in offline mode.

if you do not see this window upon launching the game it means you are online.

from Microsoft xbox website it says the fallowing.

How to go offline
  1. Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select All Settings.
  4. Select Network.
  5. Select Network settings, and then select Go offline.

Your network status will change to offline. To go back online, follow the previous steps, but in Network settings select Go online.

this says to be xbox one walkthru, but i think the xbox 360 menus are similar.

Message 65 of 170 (774 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok, right - I know how to go offline on the XBox, I just thought when you said "in Origin", it meant there was a way to somehow just disconnect my Origin account but still stay on XBox Live (to register achievements, etc.).  I will give it a try later this evening.

Thanks again.

Message 66 of 170 (882 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Actually my issue is slightly different from everyone else's I never play online or live or anything like that I strictly just to buy the games to play the games themselves so I don't think looking at my account would have anything to do with it because I don't actually have a live account I'm on an Xbox 360 and I just play basic games nothing online so it seems to be like an actual glitch in the game or the disc not my account
Message 67 of 170 (873 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

press start in when the game is loaded and see if there is a green light flashing next to your character profile.

if there is one.. you are online!
You should get a red light, not flashing for your offline mode. Also when you start the game it should notice you that you are not connected to the xboxlive and still press b to skip that window.
if you have no windows that pop up.. you are online!

even if you have no live account... it does not matter.. the bug will still persist if you are connected to internet.

Message 68 of 170 (874 Views)

★ Apprentice

i have the same problem on PC - I started Concours mode a month ago and now i'm stuck on level 23 with about 6 million points.

at this very moment, offline gameplay is increasing SP normally, but no matter what, earning SP online is impossible.

also, whenever i go online, my licence plate resets to default "start me up", not sure why.

Message 69 of 170 (859 Views)

★ Apprentice

@su37yellow

I can confirm that playing offline accumulates points as it should.  However, of course, you cannot save progress, get achievements, etc, so there is not much point in playing that way.  I wonder, would it work if I simply deleted my EA account?

It is ridiculous they are doing nothing to address this bug.

@Jess42012

In fact, my problem is identical to yours.  I am not wanting to race online at all, I am just referring to single-player progress.  So I think we're in the same boat.

@Straatford87

Thanks, but that is what I initially did and they sent me here.  Nevertheless, I set up another "call back" and spoke to 3+ people, none of which were able to help me.  All they ended up doing was send me a list of "troubleshooting" steps (e.g., reset system clock) which, predictably, did absolutely nothing to improve the situation.

Message 70 of 170 (841 Views)