Resetting Your SpeedPoint or Making A New Profile

by ItProSlayerz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Resetting Your SpeedPoint or Making A New Profile

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Hello everybody, so I decided I wanna restart in NFS MW 2012, and I mean everything including my speedpoints and most wanted list and I was wondering if there is a way you can actually do it? Or just to make a new profile. Also, I'm running the game on a PC and I do NOT want to spend more money since I had to already spend $30 for the game, $165 more for upgrading my graphics card and my DVD driver and for the graphics card installation.

Bonus Question: Is there a way I can make NFS MW 2012 run smoother? Here are my PC specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @2.70 GHz
Memory: 4.00 GB (2.75 GB usable)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 (I believe that's my graphics card since I just bought it this morning)
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
System Manufacturer: eMachines
System Model: ET1831

P.S: I'd appreciate it a lot if you did awnser the bonus question Standard smile
Message 1 of 9 (556 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Resetting Your SpeedPoint or Making A New Profile

★★★★ Novice
Ok guys, it's not my PC's fault (or is it?), its actually my screen resolution! I did a bit of a mess around in my options and found out the smaller the screen resolution, the faster your game runs. You guys should share this imformation to other people if they have this problem!

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (509 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

1. Resetting the speedpoints

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed-Most-Wanted/How-do-I-reset-speed-points-most-wanted-list-etc...

The EA support at https://help.ea.com/ can transfer games from one account to another.

They are able to give you a new product code, disabling the existing product code.

Make a new profile, contact the support at the URL mentioned above, click "Contact us" and follow the instructions on the screen.

2. Performance issues.

While your graphics card is definitely up to date, your processor is not.

But here are some tips:

- Adjust the graphics settings: When you are in the game: Escape -> Settings -> Graphics. Here you can set some values to low (or medium) to make the game run more fluently.

- Update your directx for your graphics card. Download https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35 and let the tool download the newest directx.

(- Install a 64 bit operating system so you can use the whole 4 GB RAM.)

Message 2 of 9 (548 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Sorry, I just looked over my graphics card and its actually a GeForce GT 610.
Message 3 of 9 (545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Ok, then it is the fault of your processor that the game does not run smoothly. But you can still adjust the graphic settings to make the game run more fluently.

Have you followed the instructions I posted above?

Also, you should consider installing a 64 bit operating system to be able to use the full 4 GB, because 2 GB is the minimum system requirement, so 2,75 GB is quite near to the limit.

Message 4 of 9 (540 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry, but havent checked the EA support for a while, umm... all of my setting are at minimum and how do I change my 32 bit system into a 64 bit system? I cant even powerslide my Pagani Huayra! Also, will there be any changes in my FPS (I mean like a lot) if I change to a 64 bit system or like what?

Message 5 of 9 (513 Views)

★ Guide

Are you getting performance similar to that of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xd_mIB87Bc ? (GT 520 = GT 610)

Upgrading to 64 bit won't help you much with this game.

Message 6 of 9 (510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Installing a 64bit operating system would definitely improve performance. Maybe not a lot, but it would.

But it could be too time-consuming just to make the game run more fluently.

A GTX560 should run the game at least as fluent as shown in the video. If not, then it is not the fault of the graphics card.

You should also try to adjust the screen resolution. The smaller the screen resolution, the more fluent the game should run.

Message 7 of 9 (505 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Nope, this gameplay is totally smooth unlike mine, which is really choppy, I would love we see my game run at least 30 FPS. Currently I'm guessing I'm running from between about 0 (it freezes sometimes) to like 15 max.
Message 8 of 9 (497 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Ok guys, it's not my PC's fault (or is it?), its actually my screen resolution! I did a bit of a mess around in my options and found out the smaller the screen resolution, the faster your game runs. You guys should share this imformation to other people if they have this problem!
Message 9 of 9 (510 Views)