Re: Problem with controls

by ninchonnails

Original Post

★★ Novice

I've deleted the file and still have the same issue, there is no way to reset these controls.  I have totally uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice, once via DVD and then through Origin.  I have manually gone behind and removed every shred of the game on my PC.  It seems as if Origin syncs the last saved controls and restores them....... This game is titally unplayable and I have no way to fix it..... what now?

Message 11 of 21 (1,884 Views)

★★ Novice

OK, this is how I polished this turd and was able to finally reset the controls, your milage may vary.  I deleted the "NFSSAVE.config" file from the User/{Your User Name}/My Documents/Critereon Games/Need For Speed Most Wanted folder.  Start Origin back up and Origin will give you a message that the save files are out of sync... DO NOT CLICK OK! ....instread, close the window by hitting the "X" in the upper right hand corner.  At that point it will ask you if you want to use the cloud save or the local one to fix this.  Choose local.  .Started the game and listened to that Muse song that I really liked the first 14000 times I heard it while contantly screwing with this turd.... but I degress....

When you are able to have controll of the car, hit escape to get into the settings.  I use a Logitech Momo Force.... the old one...been great though for a long time....  I had to both assign keyboard keys for some tasks and buttons on the wheel for others.  Make sure you do not assign a function to the  wheel that is the same as the keyboard.  I had to assign the "Easy Drive" keys to my ASDW keys and not the keypad numbers.....  There are a few other keys you will have to reassign, but after a good three hours screwing with it I have a solution for me.

This is just about as bad as The Run.  These are really fun games, but being Console ports and Criterions PC port team sucks balls, the series has really suffered for the PC...... Maybe EA needs to let someone else continue this franchise?  

Message 12 of 21 (1,881 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Will that `Fix` work for me?

I went to install a PS3 controller and noticed that when I try to alter my keypad/controller settings, the game switches to a different screen on the menu list.

I must have double set the enter button for that or something.

I cannot set my PS3 Controller and now I cannot alter my Keyboard settings (which is not a problem in itself, but I did want to get the PS3 controller settings adjusted and working).

Driving high-speed cars using left and right WASD is is lunatic. Would the NUTTERS at E.A. do that in real life (QED; they should have made it foolproof)?

I nearly got the drill out at one point. Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Seriously; have one button `Set` to "RESET CONTROLS" or something E.A.

FREE IDEAS GALORE ya feeves.

Message 13 of 21 (1,754 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do I retain a salary in a trade?

Message 14 of 21 (1,730 Views)

★★★ Novice

does that work for keyboard players? so if i delete the 'config.nfs13save' my controls will be set back to default? what other affects will it have?

Thanks a heap!

Message 15 of 21 (1,635 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried that but it only changed my graphics setting back to default. I'm using a keyboard, so do you reckon this would work: documents / criterion games / need for speed (TM) most wanted / save / 2362951802 (might be another number for U) and delete the 'controls.NFS13Save' file?

thanks!

@RandyBobandy420 wrote:

OK, this is how I polished this turd and was able to finally reset the controls, your milage may vary.  I deleted the "NFSSAVE.config" file from the User/{Your User Name}/My Documents/Critereon Games/Need For Speed Most Wanted folder.  Start Origin back up and Origin will give you a message that the save files are out of sync... DO NOT CLICK OK! ....instread, close the window by hitting the "X" in the upper right hand corner.  At that point it will ask you if you want to use the cloud save or the local one to fix this.  Choose local.  .Started the game and listened to that Muse song that I really liked the first 14000 times I heard it while contantly screwing with this turd.... but I degress....

When you are able to have controll of the car, hit escape to get into the settings.  I use a Logitech Momo Force.... the old one...been great though for a long time....  I had to both assign keyboard keys for some tasks and buttons on the wheel for others.  Make sure you do not assign a function to the  wheel that is the same as the keyboard.  I had to assign the "Easy Drive" keys to my ASDW keys and not the keypad numbers.....  There are a few other keys you will have to reassign, but after a good three hours screwing with it I have a solution for me.

This is just about as bad as The Run.  These are really fun games, but being Console ports and Criterions PC port team sucks balls, the series has really suffered for the PC...... Maybe EA needs to let someone else continue this franchise?  

@RandyBobandy420 wrote:

@RandyBobandy420 wrote:

Message 16 of 21 (1,634 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Deleting "config.NFS13Save" worked for me. I found two copies of that file, one in the folder named Save which has filepath like this  ...Criterion Games\Need For Speed(TM) Most Wanted\Save. The other one is outside that folder. Just make sure to delete both. Hope this helps Standard smile

Message 17 of 21 (1,490 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I Remove the file named "config.NFS13save".But Just 1 sec. Was Back the problem again.What i Do?

Message 18 of 21 (1,457 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@CriterionQA01 wrote:

The save data and controller configs are stored as different files, so you shouldn't need to uninstall the game or lose save data.

As pointed out in the previous post, you will need to delete a file stored in your documents, but you should only need to remove the file named "config.NFS13save"

@CriterionQA01 I've now removed your Solution as Not a Solution. Thank you. :heart:

Message 19 of 21 (1,296 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Find citerion games in documents, open n4smw folder, open save folder, open folder numbered something like1000063977208 and delete contols.NFS13Save file

Message 20 of 21 (979 Views)