Re: Can i use my own music as game soundtrack on PC?

by BluFi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Playing My Music - NFS: MW (2012)

★★★ Newbie

I noticed an option to be able to play my own music but when I turn the option on, I get an error that states there is no music to be played. I do have about 20 songs on my hard drive. I am using PS3 if that makes a difference. 

Is there a certain format they need to be in? 
Do I need to have a certain folder for NFS?

Any help will be appreciated. 

Thanks. Have a great day!  Standard smile

Message 1 of 19 (98,840 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I use my own music as game soundtrack on PC?

★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately custom music s not supported on the PC version.

On Xbox there are  couple of different methods available, open the xbox guide and select music from the media tab. Alternatively you can create a playlist through the xbox dashboard and select this in the options menu (similar to the PS3 method described earlier)

View in thread

Message 9 of 19 (106,814 Views)

All Replies

Re: Playing My Music - NFS: MW (2012)

★ Novice

Under the music section on the XMB go to the Playlist icon and create a playlist with the music you want to play in-game. When you go to the options menu in the game under audio you should be able to change it from game soundtrack to the playlist of your choice.

Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 19 (98,789 Views)

★★ Novice

Is there a way to play my own music on PC? I don't want to play it seperatly from the game, it doesn't sound the same. I noticed the tracks that were in the NFS folder were .sps which I guess is a display file, I tried putting .MP3 files in and it didnt show. PLease help (:

Message 3 of 19 (98,784 Views)

Can i use my own music as game soundtrack on PC?

★ Apprentice

I heard it is possible in PS3 version, but can we do the same on PC version?

Message 4 of 19 (98,784 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey guys,

I'm not 100% sure if this will work as I have not had the chance to test it myself but there is a possible option to do this. First, open your media player(which ever one you use) and start creating a playlist. Once you are done, save the list. The media player should also save a file with that playlist name( with Windows media player it save it to C:/users/%username%/appdata/local/Microsoft/mediaplayer).

Right click on the playlist you have saved and copy the file. Place the copy into the NFS folder(where the other tracks are contained). Load up the game and through the in game options see if it will allow you to select the playlist you have added.

Let me know if this helps.

Rick.

Message 5 of 19 (98,773 Views)

★ Novice

What about playing your own music on XBOX 360?

Message 6 of 19 (98,742 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That didnt work rick..

Message 7 of 19 (98,719 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm playing Most Wanted on the XBox and i can play my own music in the game via My Book Live NAS twonky server

Message 8 of 19 (98,705 Views)

Re: Can I use my own music as game soundtrack on PC?

★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately custom music s not supported on the PC version.

On Xbox there are  couple of different methods available, open the xbox guide and select music from the media tab. Alternatively you can create a playlist through the xbox dashboard and select this in the options menu (similar to the PS3 method described earlier)

Message 9 of 19 (106,815 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's a bit strange that the platform with the easiest file management (pc) does not have a custom ost option, just goes to show that this version is worse than those on consoles, we're probably not gonna get any DLC either, same with the HP/The Run.

Message 10 of 19 (98,613 Views)