Origin Account age limits

by ooalioo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Account age limits

★★★ Newbie

Dear Sir/Madam,

My son (11 years old) recently purchased the PS Vita version of NFS: Most Wanted but seems unable to set up an origin account due to an age limit. I am quite happy for him to do so under supervision (I will hold onto the account password) but, even logging into my own origin account, it won't work. What is the lower age limit for online play (the game is a PEGI 7 so he exceeds this) and is there any way around this?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 35 (44,215 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Account age limits

Community Manager

Hi ooalioo,

For all Account & Billing related issues we do need you to contact an EA Game Advisor for assistance.

Please log in with your Origin account and then choose "Product", "Category" and "Platform" to see the contact options.

Thanks,

Barry.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 35 (53,091 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi ooalioo,

For all Account & Billing related issues we do need you to contact an EA Game Advisor for assistance.

Please log in with your Origin account and then choose "Product", "Category" and "Platform" to see the contact options.

Thanks,

Barry.

barry.png
Message 2 of 35 (53,092 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue and I followed your advice. I did not find a contact form or anything. I was forced to post into public space.

Let's hope I get an answer this way. But I would like to express my disappointment here as well that EA can sell a title from a certain age off and then deny access to 40% or more of the game because the age limitation on the Origin account...

Playstation Network handles this with sub-accounts and parental control mechanisms. And they don't necessarily even make money on this other than selling the hardware. You should contact them and talk to their online account management team to get some inspirations into the right way of dealing with this.

The current policy is bate and switch, even if it's mentioned with 4 point fonts in a 70 page document. But I know that this is my humble opinion as a client of yours...

Thank you for having me waste 4 hours on Christmas eve to try to figure this out. That would be 600 Swiss franks if I'd do the same thing for a client...

alFrame

Message 3 of 35 (43,790 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hear Hear Alframe - I am a long time buyer of EA games and have started the same for my kids, highly disappointed that games aimed at this age group is constantly coming up stupid issues like this.

Oh yes when you read the fine print its in there but not in figures, only that you need an EA/Origin account...since i never had a problem i did not expect an issue.

I have verified my kids ability to play games which are purchased by takin gthe responsibility for them on xbox Live why not the same on Origin/EA games???

What is really happening?? you are fiorcing a generation of kids to lie and their parents to lie as they create false accounts, this seems like a non sensical solution as what EA is really accepting is that kids under age play over age games but that ok, we'll just bury our heads...

It is the adult cash which is paying and I am furious that we will miss out on this content due to this maddening issue, sort it out!!

Message 4 of 35 (42,209 Views)

★★ Novice

hi im 13 years old and i cant play the game online please help me!

Message 5 of 35 (41,949 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im 16 years old and i got the same problem its not funny.

Message 6 of 35 (38,639 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. I am 13 and legally allowed to have my own gmail account yet I go to the customer service online chat thing and he said I have an underage account. What? You have to be eighteen to own Sim City 5? 

It's not Origin, it's the government. It's illegal to buy for someone who is underage. Hear that? Its illegal. 

What I don't understand is why don't they (Origin) do what Steam does and ask for your age depending on what game your buying. 

Message 7 of 35 (34,315 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@LTGinge 

If you're receiving an error restricting you from access to areas--or the entirety--of your any of your games due to any sort of "Underage Error," this is caused by a problem with the Date of Birth on your Xbox LIVE account, which was entered during registration.

Unfortunately, our team is unable to assist with errors of this nature as they originate with your Xbox and its configuration, rather than the game being played.

For more information on Xbox LIVE online safety and privacy settings and child account settings (set by Xbox for users under the age of 18), please go here.

Please know that changing the parental permissions and other settings does not guarantee access to the servers, as Xbox may still deny access based on the age on the account. For further assistance or information regarding this error, please contact Xbox Support.

Message 8 of 35 (34,292 Views)

★ Novice

-_- Really.... 1995 and i cant use my free game time for Battle Field 4? What is this world...

http://i.imgur.com/OIRHIA6.png

Message 9 of 35 (33,329 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just tell us the age limit, god sake!

Message 10 of 35 (30,075 Views)