Re: Origin Account age limits

by drucemarrs

Original Post

EA DICE Team

@Johdy333

Could you clarify the exact issue that you are experiencing?

Message 21 of 35 (2,553 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i buyed finally the game 'battlefield' with the money from my anniversaire but becuze im 12 i have to wait 2 jaers now to play the game i wanned to have a long time :'( im crying so much

Message 22 of 35 (2,475 Views)

Community Manager

@ooalioo

Please see the following article for info on this:

http://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/aging-up-an-origin-account-to-an-adult-account

@VossWantsToPlay

When you are old enough you will get the notification mentioned in the above article.

barry.png
Message 23 of 35 (2,458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

[Comment Removed - Admin.], guys...not that hard...poof now you're all [at least] 18 years old. problem solved.

Message 24 of 35 (2,363 Views)

★★ Novice

I accidently put the wrong age and I can not go online help me please thank you

Message 25 of 35 (2,084 Views)

★★ Novice

I accidently put the wrong age and I can not go online I have not played since 2016 7 29 its been 8 months help please help me please thank you

Message 26 of 35 (2,086 Views)

Community Manager

@TheRealDragonkid

If you have entered your account details incorrectly you can use the following info to make changes to some of those specifics:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/how-to-change-your-origin-id

barry.png
Message 27 of 35 (2,077 Views)

★ Novice

Hi @EA_Barry !

I've entered my date of birth incorrectly but since my age that i put in was under the age of 16, makes it so I don't have a EA account linked to my origin account. What do I do now to change my date of birth? 

Message 28 of 35 (1,792 Views)

Community Manager

@maddleinee

Please see my previous post, thanks.

barry.png
Message 29 of 35 (1,777 Views)

★★★ Newbie

lots of complaints all over the web for at least 3-4 years and EA has done nothing about it. The ratings on games are simply suggested age appropriateness. It is not law as far as I know, if it is please give reference to the law code. Just as movies and tv shows have ratings there is no one but the parent censoring it for their kids. Theaters try to do it but if you have someone over 18 you can get in to that PG13 rated movie when you are 10. Its not an xbox or ps issue so please stop bringing that up. It is a age restriction on the servers based on your age on the PSN or Xbox account, which by the way already allows us to restrict things.

NFS and Battlefront seem to be the biggest complaints. Why not allow the game to be played just restrict chatting because really that is the issue isn't it? Otherwise you would be restricted from playing these games offline. So simply restrict this based on the age not the entire online game.

had to get my 2 cents in cause I just got Battlefront 1 and was planning on getting 2 in Nov for my son but having second thoughts.

Message 30 of 35 (1,522 Views)