Re: Origin Account age limits

by ArchRival11

Original Post

Community Manager

The below is copied from the bottom of this page: https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/buy/nfs-most-wanted-2013/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition

YOU MUST BE 16+ TO ACCESS ONLINE SERVICES AND FEATURES.

barry.png
Message 11 of 35 (4,507 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i get banned you not +13 and my age ...

my age ... for you know i play fifa 13 1000 hour and  fifa 15 1000 hour and fifa 16 340 hour all in one account origin and i get banned in fifa 16 see message  your age not +13 and i can't login to fifa 16 origin and i get this message

thank you for your interest we're sorry but you are not eligible to use EA's online features due to an age restriction

and login to web app and i see message i get banned

and i ask [edit: email address removed] why get banned and i am waiting for help now by [edit: email address removed] i need wait 3 days for i get help

Message 12 of 35 (4,504 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The silly thing about EA is it does not look at the restrictions placed on the account by the PARENT in XBOX live. In XBOX live I have the ability to set my sons restrictions lower even though he is underage. My son is 12 and cannot play even though his restrictions set in XBOX are for 16 and older. EA fails to acknowledge this and strictly goes off the birth date on the account. This is silly and this will probably be the last EA game I ever purchase unless this is fixed. I should be the one to allow or not allow my child to play, not EA.

Message 13 of 35 (4,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey I really need help fixing my problem I'm 24 * years old and the origin banned my fifa 16 online feature due to age restriction ? WTF is this ...

I've been locked out of this * 3 days now. get this fix asap..

Message 14 of 35 (4,387 Views)

EA DICE Team

@eikichirockz

You are definitely posting on the wrong board.

As for banned accounts, follow the steps in this article:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

We are unable to provide you more assistance than that via the forums.

Message 15 of 35 (4,381 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please explain to me how being a PC user with an Origin Account I can get my son access to online features for Star Wars Battlefront; we are non-US residents i.e. it seems we can't even get online support/ help desk calls! Somehow buying the game was easy, getting to play it - not so! 

Message 16 of 35 (4,135 Views)

EA DICE Team

@karinaterp

Please contact a Game Advisor if you want to make any account changes. You can setup a contact with us by using the below steps:

1. Go to https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ -- do not use a mobile device to contact us
2. Select your country from the upper left corner. If it isn't listed, try US or UK for a Chat option
3. Select Game, click Next
4. Select Platform, click Next
5. Select Topic and Issue and give a description, click Next
6. Select the method in which you want to contact us
7. Some contact options might not be available depending on the timing of your request. Using a voIP such as Skype to contact us is also a valid option

Doesn't work? Select another game, topic or issue. You can also press F5 to reload the page or try another browser.

Unable to login on your account? Click "Having trouble accessing your account?" at the bottom right of the screen, during the login step.

Message 17 of 35 (4,119 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks, Tom; But the online support form only leads to a "Call Me" options which applies to people in North America ONLY! So sitting as a customer in Dubai how can I get in contact with someone who can get the online features of StarWars Battlefront enabled for me, so my son may enjoy the product I purchased fully? Could we please simply have written guidance on how to change the age settings of my sons Origin Account, and receive a contact phone number I can call for further advise? Thank you. 

Message 18 of 35 (4,018 Views)

EA DICE Team

@SupacrushaX

We currently don't have a dedicated support channel for Dubai. In your case you can use a voIP program such as Skype to call our UK line on +44 203 0141818 - 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday. 

Note that using a voIP will incur similar charged as local calls.

Message 19 of 35 (4,007 Views)

★★★ Newbie

15 years old and can't play a 15+ game >Frown

Message 20 of 35 (3,902 Views)