Need for Speed: Carbon has stopped working

by MinatoHDDD

Original Post

Need for Speed: Carbon has stopped working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi , I just instaled NFS Carbon, and when I wanted to play it the game just crashed followed by this message "nfsc.exe has stopped working" . "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

My specs are :  AMD FX (tm)-8120 Eight - Core Processor  3.10

RAM : 8 GB DDR3

Graphics : Nvidia Ge Force GT 630(4 GB RAM)

Message 1 of 6 (28,034 Views)

Re: Need for Speed: Carbon has stopped working

Community Manager (retired)

@MinatoHDDD

You might need to run this program in compatibility mode first.

Then, Try the windowed mode. If you can play normally in windowed mode, then this issue is likely due to the screen resolution, you'll just need to adjust this setting. Launch the game and press Alt + enter simultaneously in order to trigger the windowed mode.

Finally, perform a Clean Boot and test the game performances.

The Clean Boot process disables many background tasks that may be causing interference.

Launch the game only just after the clean boot (nothing else.)

Message 2 of 6 (27,999 Views)

★★ Novice

how to change game screen to windowed ?

Message 3 of 6 (26,794 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It still doesn't work. I was able to play Need For Speed Carbon Editor's Collection on my first open and i played the introduction to the game but the game closed when I was about to play the real game. The same happened for Need For Speed The Run after i ran over the bridge. I've tried installing and uninstalling the program but it still doesn't work. My friend uses Window's 8 and it was able to run safely and I use Windows 10 and expecting to run excellent... Windows always say NFSC or NFS The Run (something close to that) has stopped. And the same will happen anytime I open. I need help please.

Message 4 of 6 (21,350 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm come from Taiwan. I have same problem.

"Need For Speed Carbon" is a good game. 

I was find game disc and setup before yesterday.

The game always say " speed.exe 已經停止運作 (speed.exe has stopped working)"

But Customer service always tell me the same solution.

Message 5 of 6 (21,166 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Go-for-spin

Depending on which Windows version you're playing, the game will most likely not work via a disc. At this point I don't have any specific steps to resolve that.

What I would recommend is to do a web search to find out how other players have gotten the game working on your operating system.

Message 6 of 6 (20,996 Views)