Need For Speed most wanted 2 lagging

by Darkshadow0830

Original Post

Need For Speed most wanted 2 lagging

★★★ Newbie

So recently i purchased need for speed most wanted to find that i get like 3fps. My computer is around halfway between the minimum requirements and the recommended requirements. I understand not getting 60 fps but 3fps on average is just unnacceptable. Is there any solution for this problem?

Message 1 of 2 (193 Views)

Re: Need For Speed most wanted 2 lagging

Community Manager (retired)

@Darkshadow0830 

I think something is blocking the communication.

Here is a short list of some of the things that can stop you from connecting.

• Firewalls
    Software firewalls on systems and hardware firewalls on routers will prevent your computer from connecting to our server.
  • Routers
    Some routers have certain settings that can interfere with the transfer of packets.
  • Server outages
    Occasionally servers will experience an outage. Typically an outage can last from 24 to 48 hours.
  • Internet security software
    Internet security software will block or filter information that may be vital for the software to run.

To troubleshoot these issues, please perform these steps. Make sure to perform all of these in order, so that you can isolate the issue:

Basic Steps:

1. Restart the system if you have not already done so.
  2. Re-establish your wireless connection.
  3. Powercycle your network devices:
    1. Unplug your router and modem for one minute.
    2. Plug in the modem, then router, then restart your system.
  4. Temporarily disable any anti-virus programs you have running (PC).

Advanced Steps:

1. Open any game- or service-specific online ports.
  2. Flush the DNS cache (for Windows / Mac).
  3. If possible, plug your modem directly into your computer, bypassing your router.
  4. Ping the game- or service-specific server, or
  5. Run a UO trace.
  6. Temporarily disable or power off any other devices using the network.

If you isolate the issue using the steps above but cannot solve it, or if you need additional help, you may need to contact your Internet Service Provider or router manufacturer.

Message 2 of 2 (190 Views)