Need For Speed Most Wanted '12 PC Crash

by GGMattt

Original Post

Need For Speed Most Wanted '12 PC Crash

★★★★ Novice

Does anyone have a fix for NFS Most Wanted '12 PC? The game 'Stops working' and crashes out after around an hour or two of play online. It's been happening for a while and I've looked for resolves but I've found nothing.

Also whenever I change my license plate it never stays the way I left it when I next play online.

I just wish the game would be patched again. Best NFS ever. I could play it for hours on end(If it didn't crash)

Also if anyone has theDodge Charger SRT8 can you send me the vehicle index file? I've always wanted it but never had it, I did try and get it back on PS3 with slim Jim codes but I could never download as I live in the UK.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 7 (716 Views)

Re: Need For Speed Most Wanted '12 PC Crash

Message 2 of 7 (704 Views)

★★★★ Novice
My video drivers are always up to date even after I do a complete display driver uninstall and then a clean reinstall. I have only one monitor, I've spoken with other players that I regularly meet online on NFS Most Wanted and they too are desperate for a solution.

It's a game issue and nothing more, I just wish it'd get looked into and patched as it's so much fun but the 'program stopped working' is ruining it. I never had these issues back when I had it on PS3
Message 3 of 7 (702 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I'm also playing direct from origin on a digital game copy and not from disc like on your 'Update Drivers' solution you have linked, none of the game's files have been altered, my game is also a legit copy and I have the NFS Heros, Terminal Velocity and movie cars packs DLC.
Message 4 of 7 (701 Views)

Community Manager

@GGMattt

Can you try the following please and let us know if there is any change:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed-Most-Wanted/SOLVED-Game-crash-after-few-minutes/m-p/883126#M...

barry.png
Message 5 of 7 (672 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I've previously tried this too but it didn't help my issue as I want to play online, I haven't had any issues at all playing the main game. The main game doesn't crash at all, it's only online that there seems to be an issue so effectively disabling the online feature isn't much of a solution as I play online 98% of the time
Message 6 of 7 (669 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@GGMattt

A few more things to try:

Manually run the following installers:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed(TM) Most Wanted\D3D11Installer\D3D11Install.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed(TM) Most Wanted\__Installer\directx\redist\DXSETUP.exe

Run System File Checker to ensure the integrity of your Windows System files: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Perform a clean boot before starting the game: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Please also reply to this thread with a dxdiag.

barry.png
Message 7 of 7 (635 Views)