NFSMW 2012 crashes when opening, but after i reboot.

by YatharthSood

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFSMW 2012 crashes when opening, but after i reboot.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I had purchased Need For Speed Most Wanted way back in 2013. I was working fine back then until recently, it stopped working. I would get the "app has stopped working" message when I tried to open the game. I reinstalled it, and it worked fine then. But when the next day I tried to run it, the same message came up. I dont understand what isit. I tried the same thing again, and exactly the same outcome showed. Here is the error text:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: NFS13.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 506ef77f
Fault Module Name: NFS13.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 506ef77f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00db957a
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I have tried skimming around forums for support, those guys have had such an issue, but it was because of their multimonitor setups. I play on a laptop with just fine specs to make the game work, but the game wont start. Each time it had occured after I would shut down the pc, and start it to play the next day. I have tried to start the game from he main directory too, same outcome.........

Please help, try to be the hero, u know. 

If u need additional info, reply me please (obviously)..............

Message 1 of 10 (635 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NFSMW 2012 crashes when opening, but after i reboot.

★★★ Novice

GOT THE SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!

I reinstalled Microsoft Security Essentials and it detected a worm in the NFS13.exe file. It fixed it, didn't delete or quarantine it and then when I tried to run the game, it worked fine and smooth. Hope this helps you guys too....... 

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (592 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

YatharthSood wrote:

Problem signature:
Fault Module Name: NFS13.exe

@YatharthSood 

Here are some troubleshooting steps.

First you should try temporarily disabling Origin In Game in your Origin Application Settings.

To do this,

1. Launch the Origin client.
  2. Go to the Origin menu, Application Settings, select Origin In Game,
  3. Uncheck "Enable Origin In Game"

Then maybe you have to update your graphic card driver, make sure to perform this step if necessary.

I don't think this is the result of a conflict with another program but you can still perform a Clean Boot and test the game performances.

The Clean Boot process disables many background tasks that may be causing interference.

Launch the game only just after the clean boot (nothing else.)

Try the windowed mode. If you can play normally in windowed mode, then this issue is likely due to the screen resolution, you'll just need to adjust this setting. Launch the game and press Alt + enter simultaneously in order to trigger the windowed mode.

Finally make sure make sure your anti-virus program is  not running and scanning while you are playing.

Message 2 of 10 (626 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nah, nothing worked, just the driver burned 500 MB internet while downloading.

Suggest somehing else please.

I want to tell something, which might help in you finding out the solution. I was using avast! antivirus while the scanner detected several of my games' .exe files as viruses and moved them all to its virus chest (quarantine). Then when i'd restore them, they would encounter the problem i have mentioned in the first post. All had the same problem. The other games were all cracked, so I managed to find the workaround for them, reextract the .exe every time you wish to play. But ths being an origin game, this won't work here. And so, i can't reinstall the game from the disk everytime I want to run the game. So, I guess that the avast! program must be the culprit. But I've uninstalled and completely removed it now, but it has left the problem on my pc which hasn't been solved yet. 

Help if u can.............

and thanks EA_Najat for your help.....

Message 3 of 10 (614 Views)

★★★ Novice

And I do NOT have ANY antivirus program as of now.

Message 4 of 10 (613 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@YatharthSood 

I am not quite sure Avast is the problem here, you need to repair the game installation in Origin, if you replace the files the way you described it in your post, then one or several files might get corrupted. Obviously the game has to be legit.

You don't necessarily need the disk if you have a physical copy but you can create a digital copy of your game.

So to sum up, create a digital copy then download and install the game.

If you have a digital copy, simply repair the game install in origin.

Message 5 of 10 (605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Najat

Do u mean that I will have to download the game over the internet??

If this is so, can't there be a way to find the corrupt file and fix it individually????

I'm avoiding downloading int because I do not have access to internet on a permanent basis, just temporarily. Which means it will take over a month of brainhammering and internet-burning in order to finish off with the download.

Message 6 of 10 (597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have the digital copy of the game over origin........

Doing the repairing...

Message 7 of 10 (593 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Its up to downloading 5 gigs of data.................

Not good, my internet won't be happy........

Message 8 of 10 (589 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm encountering another damn problem, This time its origin.

When I put the game on repair, it downloads some * of 5 GB. When I have to turn off my PC, i pause the download, normal.

But when I resume it, it goes backwards. Because my down speed is low, i cannot download the thing in one go, which makes it very very frustrating.

Please help over this topic too

Message 9 of 10 (577 Views)

★★★ Novice

GOT THE SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!

I reinstalled Microsoft Security Essentials and it detected a worm in the NFS13.exe file. It fixed it, didn't delete or quarantine it and then when I tried to run the game, it worked fine and smooth. Hope this helps you guys too....... 

Message 10 of 10 (593 Views)