Re: NFS Most Wanted 2005 "speed.exe has stopped working"

by SkiStam

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS Most Wanted 2005 "speed.exe has stopped working"

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Today i tried to install "NFS Underground"(not Most Wanted). It was "half" installed by earlier becuase i had to stop the installation and go. Today i tried to install it, Most Wanted was working perfectly fine. It told me to insert the second disk, i did as it said. Then it said it was the wrong disk with the title Need for Speed Most Wanted,even though i was installing Underground...Then after that i canceled the installation and booted Most Wanted and as the title says, a windows poped up saying "speed.exe has stopped working".

All of this cunfuses me so much. 

I have tried to

-reboot PC

-system restore

-uninstalled everything from Underground

Note: It's the 2005 Edition.

Plesase, how do i fix this. It is killing me.

Thank's in advance!

Message 1 of 9 (107,350 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

I updated my videocard drivers and all of a sudden the game now works properly. Kind of an akward solve on my side. But i didn't realize there was an update and i really didn't think that was the problem. But thanks alot for the help. This is where to go Standard smile

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (122,118 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

@SkiStam 

You will find below 6 troubleshooting steps you should try:

Please let us know how it goes.

Message 2 of 9 (107,259 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I tried absolutely everything. But i get the exact same message. But here is something i have noticed:

When i right-click on the game and click on "properties", then compatability, there is the "compatability mode" where you wanted me to run a test. I ran the test, it recomended "service pack 3". I chosed "that", then ran Most Wanted. The "load screen" shows up, it waits longer than usual and then it tells that i have to insert my disc. It is instered. I take it out and put it back again and try to run Most Wanted again. Same result. 

Again i go to properties and uncheck the compatability mode and click ok. This time i get "speed.exe has stopped working" as usual. If i go back to properties, it has changed to "service pack 2". I didn't change it myself.

What i want to say with this is that it seems like i am unable to run with "service pack 3"?

I would be extremely happy for more responds. I can't think of anything else other than this problem existing.

Message 3 of 9 (107,255 Views)

@SkiStam 

What is your current operating system?

Can you try the compatibility with Windows XP SP2 maybe or try different options?

Open the troubleshooter and instead of 'Try recommended settings', select 'Troubleshoot program' then select  'I don't see my problem listed.'

You should then see the following options:

compatibility.JPG

Additionnally, please launch the game in windowed mode, you can usually trigger the Windowed mode with this shortcut Control + Alt + Enter.

Message 4 of 9 (107,246 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Im running Windows 8.1

Should have said that earlier

Now i tells me to insert the disk even though it is inserted. (when i test the program)

Message 5 of 9 (107,242 Views)

@SkiStam 

I have been looking for possiblecompatibility issues with Need for Speed: Most Wanted Version 1 (2005) and Windows 8.1 in the Compatibility Center [Link to Windows website]. The Game is compatible.

Have you tried to install or reinstall the video drivers? Some players were able to resolve the issue by doing so.

If from now, you only have difficulty running the disk, make sure your disk drive is properly and the disk is undamaged. 

Message 6 of 9 (107,232 Views)

★★★ Novice

I updated my videocard drivers and all of a sudden the game now works properly. Kind of an akward solve on my side. But i didn't realize there was an update and i really didn't think that was the problem. But thanks alot for the help. This is where to go Standard smile

Message 7 of 9 (122,119 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having similar problem about speed.exe not working on my system.

I m using windows 8.1 and Intel HD graphics card

please help me

need for speed most wanted 2005 is giving this speed.exe error

Message 8 of 9 (74,310 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can you help me please:

I reset the computer and I no longer go my games all occur at any .exe has stopped playing any game working.Inainte I went ex: GTA SAN ANDREAS MTA SA: MP etc. I now only go as we neither give CD.

My computer has Windows 7

Message 9 of 9 (69,022 Views)