Most Wanted Data Corrupted

by mirdakana

Original Post

Re: Most Wanted Data Corrupted

Community Manager (retired)

Hi guys,

We have received this update from the studio in regards to this problem:

“We have been unable to find any problem with the save data itself and the issues seen unfortunately seem to be linked to the console having a problem or being turned off in the middle of a save which then corrupts the Save Game Data.  As the Most Wanted world is full of collectables the game saves very frequently which means typically all changes are saved but unfortunately increases the probability of a problem whilst saving.

If the save is corrupted the local progression (cars available Offline, Most Wanted cars unlocked Offline) will be lost but all data that is stored Server Side (SpeedPoints, Online Progression) will be unaffected.

We have worked to resolve any early stability issues and released updates based on feedback from players of problems seen and also used data from telemetry to identify and fix all the main stability issues so the problems should be quite rare now.  If you are seeing problems with your save data we would suggest that you back up your save to ensure no data is lost.”

Thanks.

~Rick.

Message 61 of 69 (13,379 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This is pathetic.

My system was NOT turned off during the middle of a game.

I do NOT have a problem with my console - this happens for this game, and this game only. All other games are fine.

So basically is the message that you will not fix this? Have you actually read what people have been posting? 

Message 62 of 69 (2,338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi Rick,

Please chase this down. This has gone on for months, Criterion are saying to all the people who have reported this (and there are scores if you look elsewhere on the internet too) have basically switched off their console during the game or have someting wrong with their console, which is patently incorrect.

The game is essentially unplayable for those of us experiencing this. It's 2013 - Criterion really should be working on issues like these in this day and age. It looks like no work at all has been done on this.

Please dig deeper for some real answers on this.

Many Thanks.

Message 63 of 69 (2,323 Views)

★★★ Novice

At least an answer, to say whether you guys are doing something about this, or whether you are not. Then at least I know whether to give up and blacklist EA and Criterion in the future or not. Please.

Message 64 of 69 (2,208 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The game locks up in my case only if I am trying to view the statistics for the cars, otherwise there have only been a few lockups from the on-line only. I have lost my game save file on two occasions from the lock ups and this always causes the PS3 file system to have to be rebuilt. I can't see how I the game is saving to its own game save file, how it could possibly be corrupting the PS3's File system also. This is a big problems, as ultimately it may cause a sector error on the hard drive which may not recover and the SP3 will be corrupted also. I try to remember to not look at the status screens for the cars now , but still occasionally forget. Please fix this issue.    

Message 65 of 69 (2,174 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same thing happened to me yesterday. the game would freeze a couple of times but this time it was different. I was in the loading screen and it froze. Took the game out  put it back in wait for it too load and I start noticing the intro scene when you first play. Damn 72 hours, 42 min, and 12 sec wasted for something that doesnt exist anymore.

Message 66 of 69 (1,924 Views)

★ Guide

You lost just the career progression with cars upgrade... your race times, billboards, speed cameras are recorded but you need to complete again.

Sorry for crazy englesh!

Message 67 of 69 (1,919 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this issue too, but I'm forced to start over the whole game. Tell EA to fix this!

Message 68 of 69 (1,520 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I completed the last race required on Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted on Ps2 earlier on and when it went bk 2 the main menu screen so I could challenge Razor (Blacklist number 1) I saved the game cz I didn't use automatic save, and I switched it off 4 a bit then went back 2 it bout 10 minutes ago and it came up Start Career so I tried 2 load my previous game 2 complete it and it said Load failed due 2 corrupted files... Why is this?????

Message 69 of 69 (1,403 Views)