I wanna change language in NFS Most Wanted 2

by emjaynfs

Original Post

I wanna change language in NFS Most Wanted 2

★★★★★ Newbie

Anyone can help me, how I can change russian to english?!

Message 1 of 11 (56,204 Views)

Re: I wanna change language in NFS Most Wanted 2

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

It's a bit tricky since it requires tinkering with the register files, but here's a link to tell you how to do it. If you do not want to download the language changer software im pretty sure you'll find the .dll file you need on your dvd disc. Just copy it to where ever the current language file is located and then edit the register file as shown in the instructions.

A fair warning though, you should never edit on your own in Windows register files if you do not know what you're doing but this is a solution to fix it without having to re-install the game. Proceed with caution:

*Edit: link removed because it redirected to a spam website.*

Message 2 of 11 (55,980 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi emjaynfs,

For PC version you can also uninstall the game via Origin and download the English version.
When clicking on the Download option in Origin you will see a pop-up window with the language option.

Message 3 of 11 (55,928 Views)

★ Novice

Can't you just make all the DLLs part of the download? It's such a frustrating waste of my time to have to re-download the whole game for a single DLL. Or provide a doanload link for just the files we want?

I *just* downloaded the game through Origin and I'm pretty sure I had selected English to begin with but it still intalled the French version. I'm going to redo it of course but if I still get the same result, are there any other options for me?

These last few years, publishers just assume that the person using the computer speaks the localization language of their Windows installation (or want their games localized when they fully understand English) and it always makes it a huge pain to figure out how to change it to the default.

*sigh*

Message 4 of 11 (52,782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I uninstalled the game and went to the Origin client and I was not prompted to select the language.

When I purchased the game on the Origin web site, the was a pop-up asking me to select Digital Download and then the language. That is where I had selected English, but then I downloaded through the Origin client since there is no other download option.

In the client, all you can do is click Download and then a pop-up prompts you to choose if you want Desktop and Start menu shortcuts. Then another pop-up asks you to agree to the Terms and conditions and then the download starts without any language prompt..

Message 5 of 11 (52,776 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, but with Japanese Standard smile
When I download the game the one and only pop-up window was with only japanese lang. My setings on account are totaly diferent.
What to do ?? Game was free to download. Now I'm in Japan, but living in other part of world. I want Most Wanted in english or polish lang.

Message 6 of 11 (26,058 Views)

EA DICE Team

@skrytoknujca

You can try the steps in our language change article as that should carry over to your games as well. Please note that in some countries not all language versions of this game are available.

Message 7 of 11 (25,953 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

[admin edit: link removed]

Go to this link and bro do as stated in the description

Message 8 of 11 (23,785 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Guys, I found the solution: [admin edit: link removed]

Message 9 of 11 (19,995 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Bit145

Thanks for the comment!

We sadly don't allow third-party links though as we can't guarantee the contents of the files being offered for download. If you can format the content in such a way that you're not referring to any potentially harmful downloads, then we're ok with it.

Thank you. 

Message 10 of 11 (19,957 Views)