Re: How to retrieve save data file from Origin?

by HULKES21

Original Post

How to retrieve save data file from Origin?

★★★ Newbie

My game crashed after the race and the savegame file got corrupted, so all my progress is lost now (only points remained).

It seems, that the empty savegame file was then synchronised with Origin, because every time I start the game, I see the intro movie.

Is there ANY way to retrieve the proper savegame file, or the the Origin Cloud is storing only one savegame?

Message 1 of 7 (51,739 Views)

★ Guide

Exit Origin. Go into your "My Documents" folder then "Criterion Games" folder, then delete the folder called "Save" (when Origin is not running). Then start up origin and start NFS, choose to load Cloud Data. If this doesn't work then you might have to try contacting support to see if they have an earlier copy of your save game, if not then you will have to start single player again, BUT your Most Wanted races and Speed Points are kept safe and stored online, so you will only have to do the races again.

Message 2 of 7 (51,690 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for the answer, unfortunately reloading save folder from cloud doesn't change anything.

Since the files on Origin Cloud have the same size as my save folder on HDD (aprox. 260kB) I don't expect there's anything more.

The rethorical question is: why use a single 260kB save file for a 5,37GB game and single 260kB backup on a 100MB cloud storage, this IS madness Disappointed Disappointed Disappointed

Message 3 of 7 (51,686 Views)

★ Guide
There is a last alternative, if you have windows backup enabled then you could attempt to restore your save file through that...but if you don't then I guess you have to do all the races again.

The answer to your question is that the 260kB file is so that gamers on dialup connections can easily upload the file to the server after playing, and also to allow gamers to transfer save games easily (I know it's a bit ridiculous in this day and age to find 260kB difficult to transfer, but bear with me). I have always presumed that the 100MB cloud storage is for ALL games but I'm not completely sure about this.

In short, have a 20MB save file would be a nuisance each time you finish playing, assuming that most broadband suppliers have upload speeds of 10% of the download speed, assume you have 10Mbps, your upload speed would be 1Mbps (which is ~125KB/s), if the save file was 10MB, it would take you 82seconds to upload it, :S
Message 4 of 7 (51,678 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Desolutional wrote:

Exit Origin. Go into your "My Documents" folder then "Criterion Games" folder, then delete the folder called "Save" (when Origin is not running). Then start up origin and start NFS, choose to load Cloud Data. If this doesn't work then you might have to try contacting support to see if they have an earlier copy of your save game, if not then you will have to start single player again, BUT your Most Wanted races and Speed Points are kept safe and stored online, so you will only have to do the races again.

ok so i did this and my save data was gone...luckily i had i in the trash, but both the coud save and the one in the documents have different saved times..e.g on cloud i have 410,207sp and on the pc it self i have 410,207sp....on the pc my car has ram chassis ,burn nitro etc and cloud has every thing in stock and the upgrades i have towin again

Message 5 of 7 (36,993 Views)

★★ Novice

I just had an issue in Mass Effect Andromeda, stating that my Save Files were corrupted and they had to be deleted. Nothing I could do to stop it...dumb Origin Cloud Save even saved the blank state after the game deleted all the files. Luckily I had Windows Backup set to backup my Documents Folder, so no big damage was done as I could restore everything from there. I would have been pissed if I had lost over 60h of gameplay :-(!!

Message 6 of 7 (26,600 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm sitting with exactly the same situation on Mass Effect Andromeda after upgrading to a new pc. I also have the old hdd, please can you give me a rundown of how you restored the saved games? I'm having no luck.
Message 7 of 7 (21,416 Views)