Game stops and crashes at 'Most Wanted' cutscenes

by dadoftwins

Original Post

Re: Game stops and crashes at 'Most Wanted' cutscenes

★★★ Novice

@eanajat

Just as a matter of interest, does the dev team release updates periodically(where they fix a list of issues) or do they fix critical problems as they come up? Just trying to gauge how long it might take for an update to come.

Message 31 of 94 (2,159 Views)

★★ Novice

curtismj I played the game for 2 days and just kiked me out one time in one MW races, I advanced MW cars 10, 9 and 8. The movies for MW cars are still very laggy, but the rest of the game improved on image and speed; I would say that noticeable while not shocking. I got the 3 pack in one and works woth no problem.

What made this change was: Udating Direct X, updating video drivers to last official version (not beta) and updating punkbuster (look for pbsetup.exe at your system or on internet and run it adding the game, makes no much of a sense but worked for me). The sc reen resoulution is divisible by 4 resulting in complete numbers.

Other issues may be: Amount of free space on hard disk (less than 20% tends to create loading problems) and if you are playing connected to the network or not (now does not matter after I updated, but before made a difference imoroving when not connected). I do not know, but maybe the antivirus/firewall may case some problems, I run with the one included on windows 8 and appears to be fine.

Good luck everyone! Hope it works for something to improve players experience.

Message 32 of 94 (2,153 Views)

★★★ Novice
Been there, done that.. i installed fresh windows 7 and i updated all drivers including directx also tried without installing antivirus and got the latest punk buster ... none of these helped .... Frown

Hope criterion comes up with a fix to this ... or i m not gonna buy any other games from them...
Message 33 of 94 (2,144 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep I'm having this same problem also. I read everything you guys were suggesting to do in this thread and nothing worked. No dual screens and margin is at 100%. Here is my setup:

Alienware M17x

Intel Core i7 @2.2GHz

8GB RAM DDR3

1GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6870M Video card

Windows 7 64 bit

:/

Message 34 of 94 (2,130 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My sound lags even on single player mode, and the cenimatics also lags now.

I got a Nvidia GT 525M 1GB DDR3 Graphics card. I play on low graphics, high texture. 

My sound does lag on online multiplayer, but that normally happens when my 3G connection suffers from latency spikes. 

Message 35 of 94 (2,116 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just got this game today, thanks to ea screwing up with the release of simcity I got this for free.  I'm having the same issue the game works no problems until I go to do a most wanted race, I can't even do race 10, it worked the first time I played and since then it crashes everytime.  Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't resolve it.  Was hoping to find a solution but I haven't yet.

Message 36 of 94 (2,108 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can you try the graphic settings' recommendations available here?

Message 37 of 94 (2,092 Views)

★ Apprentice

No luck - I have always had Super Sampling set to off.

Message 38 of 94 (2,071 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@nikomanuel96 wrote:

Well, first sorry my bad english.

I have this problem since 1/17/2013 patch.

1:- My monitor, the game and windows config have this native resolution : 1440x900

2:- I am playing on an single screen.

3:- In my case: 

Full Screen: I can play Most Wanted races but the cutscenes are lagging. If i use "skip" bottom = crash

Windowed: Instant crash.

4:-My graphic card is a Nvidia GTS 250 1 GB DDR3 

5:- 100% Margin scale (i alredy tried in others..)

6:- I have Windows 8 Pro, the game just run well on my system before the 1/17/2013 patch. After that, i have the cutscenes problem...and i have other problem with the "changue car" animation (with the car manufacturer) ....now are laging too .

Well, first sry bad english....i finally ""solved"" my problem:

I just disable 30fps lock that i just set before (config file in "My documents") and put a code in the game shortcut to run in window mode from the start and not have to press alt + tab.

Results....

1:-Now the game cutscenes (Most Wanted races) are not extreme lagging like before, BUT still have some lag on it.. (50% fixed)

2:- Now when you press "Skip bottom" in cutscenes it works well....but sometimes it still crash randomly. (50% fixed)

3:- The "changue car" animation now runs 100% Smoothly again!!  (Totaly fixed)

The bad part:

With 30 fps lock disable my game runs very bad....with frame drops and everyting...so i have to go back to my lagging cutscenes and animations Frown

Message 39 of 94 (2,067 Views)

★★★ Novice

Super Sampling is off still have this issue. I wonder how was it working before the patch came. I regret that i installed that patch. At that time I thought patch is good it may resolve many issues but it actually created one for me.... :catmad:

Message 40 of 94 (2,061 Views)