Game stops and crashes at 'Most Wanted' cutscenes

by dadoftwins

Original Post

Re: Game stops and crashes at 'Most Wanted' cutscenes

★★★ Novice

@eanajat

1. I've tried at my screen's native resolution as well as a lower resolution at the same apsect ratio. Neither helped.

2. I have a dual monitor setup, but even after I've removed one, rebooted and started the game again, there is no difference.

3. As far as windowed mode goes, it dosen't actually solve the problem, it just prevents the crash. You see, this problem occurs in 2 "flavours", one where the cutscene video is extremley laggy(but we manage to race), the other where the game just crashes after a few seconds of the laggy video. I've seen the problems referenced interchangeably across Answer HQ. So, same cause...

4. GPU is HIS ATi Radeon HD5750

5. Display margin is 100%(Come on now, PC users would almost never use this anyway)

One thing I can confirm 100% is that the problem occured around the 1/17 update. Previous updates never had this problem, and I've checked. Can't you guys just look at what changed in the video code and revert it? (Though I'm guessing it's not that simple) What this does mean though is that it's not our computers, it's the game, so no fix that dosen't involve a patch or update is going to fix it (though that would be nice). Please get on this, I really wan't to enjoy this awesome game!

Message 21 of 94 (5,428 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for posting and for having tried the setting changes I have suggested.
I will inform the team but I can not confirm the exact reason for this issue so I will forward all  the details you provided.

Also; the more reports we have the better. If someone else is experiencing the same issue please post a message  - Thanks.

Message 22 of 94 (5,419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

eanajat,

As the one of the first to post about this issue (on or about 1/19/2013), my problems as well as solutions I have tried are fairly well documented, between this thread, and a couple others that other posters have started and I have subsequently posted to. I have had a work ticket open with EA for almost as long as this issue has existed, and while the response and attempts to solve were encouraging at first, I have now had exactly ONE response from the company in the past month, which I answered, but have yet to hear back from them.

All that said, among MANY other things I have tried/adjusted, your suggestions were among them...sadly, nothing has helped.

To answer your questions:

1. Screen resolution vs. Game screen resolution - matches in both (1920x1080)

2. I do have dual monitors, but have tried completely disconnecting one to see if it helped - it didn't.

3. Windowed vs. Fullscreen - issue occurs regardless of which setting I try. And, to be honest, while the game always starts in full screen, something (no clue what) causes it to switch itself to windowed mode usually within a couple minutes of starting the game. I honestly don't care which mode I need to play it in....I just want the game to work!

4. Graphic card is AMD Radeon HD 7570 with most current available drivers

5. Margin scale is 100%

As previous poster stated, this issue ONLY started after the 1/17 patch was issued and installed. Prior to this, there was absolutely NO issue with starting races from the MW list. And please note, that this ONLY affects the specific races on the MW list. Normal races/cutscenes work flawlessly, as always.

Please let me know if you need further information.

DoT

Edit: 3/16/2013 - after downloading and installing latest update, problem still exists on MW list races. On latest attempt, intro video played through (VERY laggy), and game locked/crashed at the end.

Message 23 of 94 (5,393 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well, first sorry my bad english.

I have this problem since 1/17/2013 patch.

1:- My monitor, the game and windows config have this native resolution : 1440x900

2:- I am playing on an single screen.

3:- In my case: 

Full Screen: I can play Most Wanted races but the cutscenes are lagging. If i use "skip" bottom = crash

Windowed: Instant crash.

4:-My graphic card is a Nvidia GTS 250 1 GB DDR3 

5:- 100% Margin scale (i alredy tried in others..)

6:- I have Windows 8 Pro, the game just run well on my system before the 1/17/2013 patch. After that, i have the cutscenes problem...and i have other problem with the "changue car" animation (with the car manufacturer) ....now are laging too .

Message 24 of 94 (5,387 Views)

★★ Novice

After the last update no more problems: Nvidia 560Ti, core duo, win8.

Some people may have a problem if their resolution is not divisible by 4 with complete numbers (1920/4= 480) if not complete numbers some games may fail.

The cinematics still are slow, but does not cause problem anymore.

Thanks for addressing the problem

Message 25 of 94 (5,371 Views)

★★★ Novice

Got the last update (4.5GB, wow...)

Thanks very much for the free extra content, which I'm very grateful for (it will extend my patience a little further), but the problem ISN'T actually fixed.

In such a big update I would have expected some changes to the code. Well I DID until I cross-referenced the game version numbers, exactly the same. Sooo, no PC patches in this update. Same game, just with extra content. Oh well, as long as they know about it I guess it'll get fixed sometime.

@hs303 The laggy cinematics were kinda part of the problem, but I guess less crashes is a start. Just keep us updated if it crashes again please.

Message 26 of 94 (5,354 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I also have the same problem. Initially I thought it was due to Windows 8 which I recently installed. But to play this game I uninstalled Windows 8 (which cost me $40) and installed Windows 7. To my surprise no luck with the issue. I did this because this never happened when I was running on Windows 7 but after I installed Win8 Origin also updated the game and after that game update my game started freezing at MW challenges.

here are my system details:

Alienware m15x

Intel i7 Quadcore @1.73GHz, 8Gb RAM, 1Gb Video card (ATI mobility radeon 5730), Windows 7 64 bit, No dual screen and matched desktop and in-game resolution, 100% margin. I tried playing with all solutions and suggestions posted on this blog plus some more but never helped.

I really regret wasting my money behind this game. The tech support also did not do anything and closed the ticket without issue being resolved. By the way I waited over an hour to get the support guy on chat and he was not able to help me at all.

I guess EA is a big company and user experience like this is not expected from them. Horrible support for the game.

Message 27 of 94 (5,332 Views)

i have lags in video scenes, and crashes in the end. Crit...

★ Guide

i have lags in video scenes, and crashes in the end. Criterion - you are idiots?

Message 28 of 94 (5,286 Views)

Re: i have lags in video scenes, and crashes in the end. Crit...

★★ Novice

New update downloaded today . Issue has not been resolved.

Are you playing with the display on multiple screens?

No, single screen only. Resolution is 1920x1080

Can you confirm the issue is not occurring if playing windowed mode?

No, the issue is occurring in windowed mode as well

What is your graphic card?

Ati Radeon HD 6800 

In game menu (Option-->Display--> Margin scale) is set to 100% ? 

Yes, set to 100%

I really hope this will be resolved soon .

Message 29 of 94 (5,208 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried all the option that are in this post and nothing is working on my PC.

I have a GT610 2GB DDR3 nvidia card

I can't do any MW races or the game crashes and I lost all my data and It starts me off in a different car every time i log back in.

Message 30 of 94 (5,190 Views)