Game stops and crashes at 'Most Wanted' cutscenes

by dadoftwins

Original Post

Game stops and crashes at 'Most Wanted' cutscenes

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Ok, this is a weird one. Game plays fine, with all the latest updates, until I start a 'Most Wanted' race. At that point, the game does it's usual load, but when the cutscene before the race starts, the game freezes and crashes out. Hitting the button to bypass the cutscene doesn't help...touching nothing at all doesn't help. Weird part, for me, is that when starting a 'normal' race, the cutscene and gameplay is perfectly fine!!

This happens with any car I drive, and any MW race I try to enter.

I've already uninstalled/reinstalled the game and cleared the Windows temp folder.

Any ideas what else I can try?

I should mention, I've been away from the game for a few days, so at the time this issue started yesterday, the game, of course, had to update itself before I could play.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Guess I should mention this is the PC version, and my system far exceeds what is recommended. Also, I've not had this problem before yesterday. No major (or minor for that matter) changes to my system since last I played the game, so it sure seems like the last update to Origin &/or NFSMW broke something.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 94 (11,537 Views)

Re: Game stops and crashes at 'Most Wanted' cutscenes

★★★ Newbie

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with the problem! Confusedmileyhappy:

Also on PC, also well over the specs. I've played against the Most Wanted before no issues, so this is definitely a new development. My MW cutscenes also stutter before the game stops working. Other cutscenes are fine. Again, the problem is only when facing Most Wanted drivers.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon!

Message 2 of 94 (11,257 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well....I THOUGHT we'd found a solution...but again, am sorely disappointed.

I have a ticket open w/ EA on this issue, and have been messaging back & forth, with absolutely no luck in finding a workaround, until yesterday. We changed the 'priority' of both Origin and NFSMW in the task manager...and for a few glorious minutes, I was able to access the races from the Most Wanted list......and then the old problem resurfaced, and I am again back to where I was - game works flawlessly in all other areas, all other races go off without a hitch...but anything selected from the MW list crashes the game almost instantly if I try to bypass, or at the end of the 'cutscene', before the race starts.

Sigh.

Message 3 of 94 (11,235 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've got the exact same problem Frown I normally play on 5760x1080 since I have three monitors, so I assumed that this was the problem. I switched to a normal reso of 1920x1080 and the game wouldn't crash at the mw cutscenes anymore. regardless, I don't really want to play it if i can't take advantage of my multi monitor setup. hope this gets fixed soon

Message 4 of 94 (11,231 Views)

★ Apprentice

fmarz22 - please hit the 'me too' button on the opening post. I don't hold out a LOT of hope, but MAYBE if enough of us have teh issue, and speak up about it, something will be done.

I have dual monitor setup - with reso 1920x1080, and have this issue. Are you saying, if you disconnect the 2nd & 3rd monitors you don't have the issue? I'm just asking, as I have NO intention of disconnecting 2nd monitor to play a game that worked perfectly fine prior to 1/17 update - i just want to insure that I understand how YOU got around the hang up.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 94 (11,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same happens to me, now i regret for buying this game :'(

Message 6 of 94 (11,192 Views)

★ Novice

so glad its not just me...... I'm running only 1 monitor at 1600x900 and not working have redownloaded and installed cleared registery and temp folder still nothing..... even turned the graphics down to minimum..... what a waste of money so far will try to chane res even lower but not holding out much hope tho Frown will post results asap ...

Message 7 of 94 (11,181 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please fix this would kinda like to play the game

Message 8 of 94 (11,154 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok guys, I just managed to run a Most Wanted race by running the game in a windowed mode. So Alt Tab to desktop as the game is loading, then Alt Tab back and as long as you can see the border, it should work.

I tried three times, and only once did it crash again. Skipping the cutscene causes a crash everytime however. So, run in windowed mode and don't skip the cutscene. It may work for you.

I'm gonna keep trying and see if there's anything else that helps.

Message 9 of 94 (11,134 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you! I will try that. I also updated to drivers Nvidia 314.07 and the framerates went up even with all effects turned to max. My specs are in the medium-low level and appart from the most wanted races, the game now works as expected or better.

Thank you

Message 10 of 94 (11,130 Views)