Frame Rate Drops in NFS Most Wanted PC

by mikeybabs

Original Post

Frame Rate Drops in NFS Most Wanted PC

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if this is normal... my frame rate drops to the low 20s sometimes evecn 15 in certain scenes but usually stays around 25-35 and in some areas goes up to 60fps

im wondering if its possible to achieve a constant 60fps in this game, i have the recommended hardware for the game

8 core amd

ati radeon 6950 2gb

8gb ram

any one have any tips to optomize it so i can get a smoother experience? the game would be 10x more better if i could achieve a steady 60fps

thanks

mike

UPDATE

An information on this situation is available here.

Message 1 of 443 (73,170 Views)

Re: Frame Rate Drops in NFS Most Wanted PC

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem and it looks like others have it as well.  I pre-ordered this game as I really enjoyed the Hot Pursuit remake, so I thought this would be some of the same.  It is, accept the FPS in this game is horrible.  Im wondering if this may be an issue with Windows 8?  as I just recently upgraded. 

Im running this on a i7 laptop with a 3GB GTX 560M.  I also have 24GB Ram.  The specs should not be an issue.  I have tried downgrading the graphics but the same slowness in the tunnels and other places still exist with little effect from different grpahic options. 

This game doesn't seem to look as good as Hot Pursuit, and somehow also tends to run poorly.  I run all other games without issue from NFS Hot Pursuit to BF3, this is the only gaming giving me stuttering or slowness.  I also understand it is a open world game, but its running off of my Samsung 830 256GB SSD, so you would think any grabbing from the HDD would have minimal effects on performance.  Again, I can run any other game all day long with zero stuttering or FPS drop that I see in this game.  Its very distracting and annoying.  Had I known it would run like this I would not have purchased it. 

Message 2 of 443 (73,012 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah I'm also on windows 8 as well, and I have a feeling it might be the cause? Hmmm....

Message 3 of 443 (73,004 Views)

★ Guide

I'm still on Windows 7 Pro 64 and my framerate isn't that great either.

Intel Core i7 2600k 3.8ghz

16 GB RAM

GTX 580 with newest drivers

I really figured my machine could run this game smoothly maxed out at 1920x1080, but it gets a bit choppy in cluttered areas. And as others have mentioned it doesn't look as crisp and clean as I expected either.

Message 4 of 443 (72,994 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just played it on windows 7 64 bit and windows 8 64 bit and have had the exact same frame rate issues... so I think it's just a poorly optomized game, maybe in a patch they will improve performance or video card drivers will get updated to give better frame rate... would be a lot easier to play at a steady 60 FPS Standard smile

Message 5 of 443 (72,988 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Iam also having the same problems, game stutters randomly and the car handling seems to be affected especially in sudden turns the cars responsiveness is awfull!

My rig:
Asus M3A78 PRO | AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE
8GB DDR2 RAM |Samsung 400GB/Seagate 1.5TB HDD
Evga GTX580 SC| Zalman CNPS9700LED
SeaSonic M12 700W PSU | LG 23" LG W2363D-PF
Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit)

Message 6 of 443 (72,601 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same here. Unplayable stuttering on hardware that exceeds recommended specs.

Windows 7

SLI GTX 560

Core i5 2400

8GB ram

1080p

Message 7 of 443 (72,386 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi everyone,

We are gathering your comments regarding this situation.
If we have more information or or further details, we will update this thread to keep you informed.

keenraven you provided some details about your computer and system in another post so I will add them in your message above.

Thank you.

Message 8 of 443 (72,318 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Thanks its good to see that something is being done about this issue.
Message 9 of 443 (72,228 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem - severe stuttering - game completely unplayable

Windows 7 Home Premium - 64 bit

Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz

AMD RadeonHD 7870 (Sapphire factory overclocked)

Ram 8 GB

OCV Vertex 3 SSD 120GB

Message 10 of 443 (72,186 Views)