Re: Default View Switched to Sideways

by Styl1sh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Default View Switched to Sideways

★★ Novice

Hi All,

My default car view has now switched from the rear of the car to the side of the car and I cannot switch it back. If I press "c" the view just goes to "inside sideways" and not forward. Please help, can't play the game watching the world go by sideways ..!!Confusedmileyindifferent:

Message 1 of 11 (15,934 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

So it seems a search in these forums for "Release Control" brings up the related posts, but no answers from EA on that portion of the issue. 

Sounds like the Cloud is syncing up your settings as well as your saves, and is likely re-implementing the "Bug" or "Setting" after you've fixed it Frown

If you're confident your save is up on the cloud, try ripping out your internet cable, delete the local config files you found, and launch the game "offline". in a really ideal world, your save will be there, but your settings wont be. Then, if my experience with Origin is sound, closing the game, putting the internet back in, and launching the game will/should prompt you to either use the Cloud Save, or update the cloud save with your local copy. If your local files had your game save, but the issue was solved, then update it with your "local" version Standard smile

This is not official support btw, I am just a Nerd shooting air.. whilst I am at work... working for a customer support department in a Rival company :D

Hopefully it's of some use/success man. 

View in thread

Message 7 of 11 (17,535 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

PC? Xbox? PS3?

going to assume PC

Documents>>Criterion Games>>MostWanted>>

Delete the config file - this should (if all goes well) reset your game to default without dicking with your Save Game (which should hopefully be cloud saved anyway)

Message 2 of 11 (15,913 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Misterleroy,

Thanks for your reply. Deleting the "config.NFS13Save" file did not have any effect. The camera is still sideways. My system is a Vista SP2 32Bit system with 4GB RAM on Core 2 Quad processors. Graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 4850 XFire. Haven't changed anything on the system at all, no updates or h/w changes.

Message 3 of 11 (15,909 Views)

★ Guide

Unfortunately, the PC copy I have is not entirely... well *cough*, I only "Own" NFS:MW on the Xbox - so my knowledge of the structure of the game saves and settings is far from what the retail copy has. 

If you cannot find any other Most Wanted config files in the Origin Installation/Game installation/Documents and Saves, then I would recommend reinstalling and updating the game client. The Game save should be saved remotely still within Orgin.. Frown 

Message 4 of 11 (15,903 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I tried it on another windows account on the same PC, it just synced from the cloud and had the same problem. There is a file called "control*" under saves, which I removed, but it got synced back from the cloud and same issue. I can't also change the keyboard bindings, it keeps saying "Release Control" message when I try to change any binding .. I wonder if the problems are related.

Do you know if we get Tech support from EA if it is a purchased copy .. have had it for about 2 months now, bought it right when it was released Frown

Thanks for your effort.

Message 5 of 11 (15,899 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, I saw another guy with "sticky" bindings, let me dig up the fix he used! Sounds very much related to me. 

Message 6 of 11 (15,895 Views)

★ Guide

So it seems a search in these forums for "Release Control" brings up the related posts, but no answers from EA on that portion of the issue. 

Sounds like the Cloud is syncing up your settings as well as your saves, and is likely re-implementing the "Bug" or "Setting" after you've fixed it Frown

If you're confident your save is up on the cloud, try ripping out your internet cable, delete the local config files you found, and launch the game "offline". in a really ideal world, your save will be there, but your settings wont be. Then, if my experience with Origin is sound, closing the game, putting the internet back in, and launching the game will/should prompt you to either use the Cloud Save, or update the cloud save with your local copy. If your local files had your game save, but the issue was solved, then update it with your "local" version Standard smile

This is not official support btw, I am just a Nerd shooting air.. whilst I am at work... working for a customer support department in a Rival company :D

Hopefully it's of some use/success man. 

Message 7 of 11 (17,536 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for your help. Deleting the local config files and disabling the internet created new config files and the saved game was ok, just synced the local back to the cloud once everything worked. Thanks again!

Message 8 of 11 (15,863 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Do you have any joypad or similar controller connected to PC?

Message 9 of 11 (15,859 Views)

★ Guide

@1234awesomness wrote:

Thanks for your help. Deleting the local config files and disabling the internet created new config files and the saved game was ok, just synced the local back to the cloud once everything worked. Thanks again!

Perfect Standard smile 

You're very welcome! Feel free to +XP anything that was useful! Wink

Message 10 of 11 (15,842 Views)