Controller Support - Joy stick - Wheels

by Bob422

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Controller Support - Joy stick - Wheels

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Will need for speed: most wanted for PC support directinput wheels, joysticks and gamepads, or will it only work with an Xbox 360 controller like last year's The Run?

Message 4 of 40 (13,209 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Controller Support - Joy stick - Wheels

★ Guide

I am extremely pleased to say that my old trusty CH 2 Axis 5 Button USB joystick works beautifully with this game. I can even configure it anyway I want in game. Thank you so much Criterion for keeping DirectInput alive!

View in thread

Message 24 of 40 (8,952 Views)

All Replies

Xbox 360 wireless steering wheel

★★★ Newbie

Will Need for Speed most wanted support the Xbox 360 wireless steering wheel?

Message 1 of 40 (13,144 Views)

Joy stick compatibility

★★ Novice

Before I perorder this game I need to know if you can play it with a joystick on a PC?  I bought NFS the run and found out it wouldn't.

Message 2 of 40 (13,145 Views)

NFW Most Wanted 2 G27 Support?

★★★ Newbie

Hi, Before I pre-I would like to know if there is full support for NFS MW2 with the Logitech G27, Thanks.

Message 3 of 40 (13,156 Views)

Re: Controller Support

★★★★★ Apprentice

The only support for PC listed is keyboard and Xbox360 controller.  However there will likely be a grouping of major wheel products and you can try using external emulation software for any other controller.  You'll want to find one that uses DirectInput for DX10.1 and you may have to go through several.

Look Alfred, I'm Batman not a millionaire playboy!
Message 5 of 40 (13,146 Views)

Re: NFW Most Wanted 2 G27 Support?

★★★★★ Apprentice

EA hasn't listed any supported wheels.  Unfortunately.

Message 6 of 40 (13,152 Views)

Re: Joy stick compatibility

★★★★★ Apprentice

Officially the keyboard and Xbox360 controller are the only ones supported.  Wheels will likely be listed when the game is released or so I hope.  However if you use an external controller emulator you can get around this.  There are programs that will allow you to bind controls on a joystick or gamepad to keyboard keys and others that act as drivers for directinput.

Message 7 of 40 (13,144 Views)

Re: Xbox 360 wireless steering wheel

★★★★★ Apprentice

Likely as it supports the Xbox360 controller.

Message 8 of 40 (13,140 Views)

Configurations

★★★★★ Novice

I am definitely going to buy this game, really excited. I was just wondering whether to get it on ps3 or PC. I can't afford a steering wheel as well so I was wondering if it is possible to use my ps3 controller on the PC version. It works with battlefield 3 through the joysticks key bindings but I'm just not sure if Need For Speed Most Wanted 2012 will have a similar option.

Message 9 of 40 (13,163 Views)

Re: Configurations

★★★★★ Apprentice

If it does then you'll likely need an external control/emulator program for the controller.  Like LibUSB, that should allow you to do your bindings.

Message 10 of 40 (13,160 Views)