Controller Support - Joy stick - Wheels

by Bob422

Original Post

Re: Controller Support - Joy stick - Wheels

★★ Novice

So, I was having an issue with the game not recognizing my microsoft wireless xbox 360 controller and discovered the issue.  The issue is that the game sees my keyboard (Saitek Eclipse) as a game controller and it conflicts with my xbox controller.  If I unplug my keyboard before launching the game, it works perfectly.  I have never seen a game behave like this before and think it's a bug that needs to be patched.  It's quite annoying for this ONE GAME to require me to unplug my keyboard before playing.  Also, I feel that I should comment on the seeming lack of interest on EA's part.  The website is like a 3 year old designed it.  Very difficult to get any real information.  I still can't find a list of system requirements for this game.  No developer threads with people listening and responding, and a totally clueless live support team through origin.  When I told the "tech" that I was having trouble getting my controller to work the first thing he suggested was that I reset my modem and router...  I never really understood all the hate that EA gets from the community, but after my experience with this game, and the way that nobody from this company wants to help paying customers, or better yet, deliver a decent product out of the gate; I get why people feel the way they do.  EA has gone for me personally, from a company who has provided me with many enjoyable memories over the years, to a company that I will now always doubt not only the quality of the product they are providing but also whether or not anyone will be there to help in the event that something doesn't work.  EA and its squad of developers could take lessons from just about every other studio out there on how to conduct a proper games business.

Message 31 of 40 (5,265 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi amdman18

We posted in this thread some messages but rest assured we will try to provide assistance with this question.

You mentioned that you are using a specific keyboard, and when it's unplugged the controller is working. Can you please tell us what are the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far ( controller settings, keyboard settings recommended on the manual, controller software installed..)

Information such as system requirements can be found on the help center in a section dedicated to Need For Speed Most Wanted

Message 32 of 40 (5,250 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Solution for Logitech Gamepads: I made a profile for NFS Most wanted 2012 using the Logitech Profiler which lets you play the game with your Logitech gamepad. I have a Logitech Rumblepad so I can assure you it will work. Instructions are included. You should download this to save yourself the hassle of assigning all the controls to your gamepad.

Download from here: bit.ly/LogitechGamepadProfiles

For more Logitech profiles check out bit.ly/Logitech_Profiles

Message 33 of 40 (5,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

My g27 works fine, but you can feel a slight deadzone and no rfeal force feedback, It would be nice to be able to tweak this.

Also, dont forget to start the game with the logitech profiler as the profile wont always load if you just use the most wanted desktop shortcut

Message 34 of 40 (5,109 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

We need the ability to adjust the controller deadzone. This is by far the worst driving game for the need for speed series. Feels like the controls are cloud based. Input lag ? Geeze . I found out by copying Burnout Paridise's controls.ini settings  over into Need For Speed(TM) Most Wanted's control .ini made the cars feel better in cornering. It didnt fix the input lag but atleast I'm winning races now.

c'mon criterion .. its 2012.. get with the program . add some real control options will ya ?

Message 35 of 40 (4,894 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

After the "performance improvement" patch, I've encountered that old Hot Pursuit glitch where the camera snaps to the left. However,  unlike in Hot Pursuit I can't reset the controls to get rid of this problem due to the control assignment page insisting that I must release all buttons despite none being pressed. The phantom input issue (inputs when there should be none) needs to be corrected quickly.

Message 36 of 40 (4,530 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi amdman18, I have a Saitek keyboard too and I faced the same issue as you. I found a solution maybe this could help.

You need to go In your device manager and disable "Saitek Gamers' Keyboard Command Pad (USB)" and "Saitek Gamers' Keyboard Hot Keys (USB)" in "Human Interface Devices". Now my 360 controller works like a charm! Standard smile

Hope this help.

This thread helped me: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/82410/how-do-i-get-my-xbox-360-controller-to-work-with-dar...

Message 37 of 40 (4,210 Views)

★ Apprentice

If you are also disliking the total lack of Force Feedback, please also mention it on the EA forum. I use a setup on the PC with my Logitech Driving Force GT, and compared to Burnout Paradise & Dirt3 the Force Feedback is a JOKE on NFS Most Wanted 2012. To get this issue reported check out my post on the EA forum:  >> http://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed-Most-Wanted/Missing-Force-Feedback-settings-so-NO-feel-of-ov...

Message 38 of 40 (3,944 Views)

Re: Configurations

★★ Novice

I don't believe PS3 controlers will work, as the controllers are synced to the ps3, and you would have to somehow sync it to your computer, which I don't even think is possible. But NFS works great with racing wheels. (Including Logitech G27) Just go to main menu. And find the controls settings. There, you can edit the controls. Also, it will work ok with keyboard controls, but try to use a keyboard with a keypad, so you can have lots of keys to use and the controls aren't so compact. (The game should have some default controls for racing wheels, because the G27 auto-setups on NFS most wanted PS3 when I use it) But XBOX controllers should work, because I do believe they are universal, unlike PS3 controllers.

Message 39 of 40 (2,280 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, im having the same issue the game dont recognize my Xbox 360 controller (connected via wireless) even if i disconnect the Keyboard. I have tried reinstalling the driver and repairing the game; in options i can set to play with the Keyboard or an HID controller but still if I try to remap I tap the buttons in my controller and nothing

Message 40 of 40 (993 Views)