Can you disable auto-assist?

by shrubbz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can you disable auto-assist?

★★★ Newbie

An oncoming car in the middle of a high speed turn? No problem (or so I think), a quick adjustment to my driving line will solve this. But no! Auto-steer says NO! You must drive HERE! CRASH!!! 

Auto-assist is beyond infuriating. Its like trying to play while someone is trying to take the controller from my hands. Is there a way to disable it? 

Message 1 of 8 (12,720 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can you disable auto-assist?

Community Manager (retired)

Hi shrubbz,

I play Need for Speed quite a bit (kind of addicted to it at the moment) so I do understand what you are referring to. The only thing is, I'm not aware of any Auto-steer feature, and there is no option in settings to change the steering sensitivity. I'll be honest this is a perfect reprensentation of a high speed turn in real life. Taking a corner at that speed will severely limit the ability to avoid a collision (trust me on that i've made that mistake in real life before).

I understand that it can be really frustrating but there is no way to change this, except for trying to judge the corner a little better to avoid the traffic.

Thanks.

RIck.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (14,283 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hi shrubbz,

I play Need for Speed quite a bit (kind of addicted to it at the moment) so I do understand what you are referring to. The only thing is, I'm not aware of any Auto-steer feature, and there is no option in settings to change the steering sensitivity. I'll be honest this is a perfect reprensentation of a high speed turn in real life. Taking a corner at that speed will severely limit the ability to avoid a collision (trust me on that i've made that mistake in real life before).

I understand that it can be really frustrating but there is no way to change this, except for trying to judge the corner a little better to avoid the traffic.

Thanks.

RIck.

Message 2 of 8 (14,284 Views)

★ Pro

Hi,

What I think he is referring to is when you're driving at very high speeds. Even though this is an arcade racing game it simulates the stiffness of a car going over 200 mph. You cant expect a car to turn on a dime whilst thundering forward on the interstate at those speeds, it will becom twitchy and unstable. Just as it should, I think they made a brilliant combination of arcade racing and with a gentle touch of simulation.

Message 3 of 8 (12,679 Views)

No auto-assist? Are you joking?

★★★ Newbie

Entering a mild off camber turn with the throttle maxed and a gentle tap in the required direction does not cause any motor vehicle to lower its rpm enough to downshift twice and drop 100kp/h. Entering the same corner at a considerably lower speed somehow also makes the vehicle incapeable of accelerating until post-turn. Going downhill, on camber in a supercar. 

A single tap in the direction the turn is headed, and somehow the car magically decelerates and turns sharply toward the apex at 200+ kp/h? A tap in the opposite direction and the car continues to turn in sharper? Exactly how retarded do you think I am? 

Have you tried to drift flawlessly in a racing game that doesn't have drifting of any form? Its rather difficult. Yet all cars in this game will easily drift all by themselves on every turn. No auto-assist? Right, and I've never heard of sarcasm.

Message 4 of 8 (12,628 Views)

Solved it myself.

★★★ Newbie

As the issue continued to infuriate me, and make the game less than enjoyable, I continued to look into the issue further. Seems others have had issue with Controllers for PC. The game at times seems incapeable of recognising multiple simultaneous button presses. Neither accelerating nor decelerating when I need the game to register a directional button press partially solved the issue.

The remainder of the resolution made far less sense, despite being a common fix for PC game issues. Updating Graphics drivers immediately rendered the game far more responsive (no I was not ever running the game at unreasonable settings).  The game is now far more enjoyable. 

Message 5 of 8 (12,615 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same problem! I'm strongly disagree with these replies says 'when you drifting at 200 mph, u can't do any adjustment'. In fact, any little adjustment will affect the drifting route! (If u have played Assetto Corsa or Dirt Rally or Project Cars, u will understand what I mean here). However, what happens in this game is: when you drfiting, u kinda locked your route, (something like the drag race mode in NFS 9, that you can only choose a lane to go, but you can't actually control the wheel), and there is no way to dodge a incoming car.

Message 6 of 8 (12,016 Views)

★★ Novice

to all those saying there is no assisted driving in this game there is, it's a semi auto assist where it tries to keep you on or near the blue racing line.

when i drive all i find is that it constantly screws me over when i am pushing one way and it stares the opposite wayextreamly irritating when driving a 900 Hp beast of a car, like the OP said it's like trying to drive while someone is also trying to take control.

the easiest way to explain it is when in a race i drive to avoid something and sudenly the game will turn my car and drive me straight into it crashing me (usually happens when in first or second place after crashing, i will usually be in last or second to las place).

Message 7 of 8 (11,760 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

It is 2019 and you still haven't removed this! Come on EA, F-ing do something about this, make a simple disable feature or just release a REAL NFS game already... make an HD remake of Underground 1/2 or NFS Most Wanted (Black Edition). Where the only annoying thing was the rubber banding ... You made the best racing games a while back, now you let Forza take the crown without a fight.... and HEAPS of people play it, so the demand is there, you just don't want to make money other than DLC and in-game currency at this point ? Like, come onn.... prove the haters wrong and make the game we've all been waiting for....

Message 8 of 8 (7,447 Views)