Autosave

by doconemacone

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Autosave

★ Novice

Hy . I have an xbox360 console 4 gb memory ,with wifi , its 1 months old ,i just bought it . I bought need for speed most wanted 2012 ,I played it a few times ,but autosave is not working at all . I've beaten 2 of the most wanted cars alfa romeo ,and shelby cobra . And it did this flashing(autosave icon) so i thought it does saves the game ,but no. I got out to xbox home menu and back again ,and i had the same parameters (beaten cars )like before, but when i turn of the console ,the game starts from the beginning, and shows no beaten most wanted cars ,i have to do it again ,and again. my points stay the same before i quitted the game ,and my position on the most wanted list stays ,but its not saving my cars ive earned and beaten. Why is that? I have 2 Gb free space . I tried it to delete memory card ,and started the whole thing again ,but didnt worked. It never saves the most wanted cars i've earned ,and beaten. Please help. Thank you!

Message 1 of 9 (5,091 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Autosave

★ Novice

I had the same problem, the only thing I needed to do is to uncheck the read-only box in my documents folder properties

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (5,011 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

If I understand correctly, everytime you start game , it starts with intro  > nothing is saved

When you boot game ,does It prompt you to choose save device?

Dunno if there is compatibility problem with "new" 4gb XBOX & MW (It shouldn't be)  , but If you got any spare USB key , put It in XBox ,format as a save device and choose USB key as save device.

See if that helps

Message 2 of 9 (5,087 Views)

★ Novice

It starts with intro and the most wanted cars which i beat in race ,and after that i shut them down to own their cars ,it disapears ,after turning off my console. Like it never happened. I try to do, like you told me to do, and we1ll see. Thank you very much !

Message 3 of 9 (5,085 Views)

★ Novice

So i tried it with a formated(formated with xbox360) pendrive 4 GB ,i started the game ,the game asked me where do i want to save the game ,i chosed my pendrive ,i beated the most wanted car 10 (alfa romeo) and after that i crushed his car and owned it ,i waited after that till it was shoving the save icon . I left the game and i turned of my console . Started again the console. Started the game as well ,it asked me again where do i want to save the game (that was strange) at that point i knew it didnt saved a thing again, and so it was ,the game started all over from the beginning . Starts to be anoying .Please if you can help me ,it would be good ,starting to be disapointed.  Thank you.

Message 4 of 9 (5,074 Views)

★ Novice

So i tried it with a formated(formated with xbox360) pendrive 4 GB ,i started the game ,the game asked me where do i want to save the game ,i chosed my pendrive ,i beated the most wanted car 10 (alfa romeo) and after that i crushed his car and owned it ,i waited after that till it was shoving the save icon . I left the game and i turned of my console . Started again the console. Started the game as well ,it asked me again where do i want to save the game (that was strange) at that point i knew it didnt saved a thing again, and so it was ,the game started all over from the beginning . Starts to be anoying .Please if you can help me ,it would be good ,starting to be disapointed.  Thank you.

Message 5 of 9 (5,058 Views)

★ Guide

I thought changing save device would   help ,but  I guess It is not ? There my knowledge of what can go wrong ends > there are some gamesaving problems like yours reported on PS3&PC and I've experienced some regresion in gameprogress (I've lost some singleplayer mileage , achivements and 1 MW car ) but dont recolect that anyone  reported that It cannot save game on XBOX at all . 

in rply to "Started the game as well ,it asked me again where do i want to save the game (that was strange) at that point..."  > game always asks you after PRESS START to choose save/load  device (if you got more than 1 storage device (internal,USB,Cloud) enabled) > it doesn't matter if save exist or not @ that device > if exist then it is loaded if not it is created/saved .

Can you try to go online , then drive a car for @ least 8 km to unlock 1st mod and then quit game >  then boot again to see if game saved online progress > 1 unlocked mod online .

Keep thread bumped up and maybe someone will give you some usefull advice or moderators will proceed your problem to developer.

If I come across some similar problem I'll post you a link ...  

BTW : do you have any other game to check if gamesaving works ok

Message 6 of 9 (5,054 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It also happens with the PC version. I've watched the damn tutorial like 5 times already, played until I raced against the alpha romeo and now I have to do everything again. I've set permissions of the relevant folders to "everyone full control" with no success. I turned on and off the cloud storage with no success. Conclusion: the game is broken, as a game like this with no ability to save is the same as having a couple of gb of complete garbage. Maybe that' sthe reason for the game being at the "on the house" section?

Message 7 of 9 (4,367 Views)

★ Novice

I had the same problem, the only thing I needed to do is to uncheck the read-only box in my documents folder properties

Message 8 of 9 (5,012 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Oly46

Thanks for adding your findings.. Standard smile

Message 9 of 9 (4,327 Views)