Autolog constantly disconnecting

by tarka_db

Original Post

Re: Autolog constantly disconnecting

★★★★ Novice

@jig6060888 wrote:
3. Get to meet up point, ticker says relocating players in 0s and though I can see all players ramming each other no challenge comes up then...<br>4. I lose all screen information, map, speedlist and ticker tape so have no idea what's going on everyone is still around and I can participate

I have these issues too. Very annoying.

Message 71 of 162 (1,165 Views)

★★ Novice

I find it interesting that we're now on page 8 of this thread which started on 11th November 2012, 31 people have clicked the "me too" button at the start of the thread and STILL EA haven't addressed or even admitted to the problem!

Sorry to have to do this, but the only official comment we've had was from eanajat.  On the 6th December you said:

Hi everyone, 

I will try to get more information about this and I will keep you updated.

Message 72 of 162 (1,156 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ok, this is somehow now worse!

Now when I log on to the game, I immediately start disconnected from the servers and get a warning to that effect.

I go to easyDrive --> Autolog recommends --> Connect.

Loading screen comes up and then tells me that I'm not connected.

Go back to easyDrive --> Autolog recommends

Instead of connect, there's a message telling me to get more friends so it can recommend stuff (cheers, massive ego boost, thanks).

So I have to go to easyDrive --> Multiplayer --> Connect.

This time it will connect to Autolog and my friend's speedlists appear.

Then over the next hour or two, it will disconnect me every 15 - 30 minutes, until I get fed up and quit the game. 

Considering I'm trying to beat my friend's speedwall scores, it's very noticable.

So, now I can't even get the full single-player experience without Autolog working!!!

When will this be fixed!?

Hello?  Anyone from EA?

Message 73 of 162 (1,131 Views)

★★★ Novice

So are refunds an option?

Message 74 of 162 (1,118 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thats exactly what i did, took it back and got a full refund, it would be great if everyone who is experiencing problems with this game did the same.

Message 75 of 162 (1,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Well, i bought it through Origin last night, had no idea the game wouldnt let me play online or i wouldnt have purchased it in the first place. Spose i'll have to look into how refunds are done for this platform.

Edit - Apparently they simply refuse refunds, unless its an exceptional circumstance.

Is a fully featured game mode not working an exceptional circrumstance?

Message 76 of 162 (1,111 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I dont know which country you're in, but in the UK any goods sold must be fit for purpose, I used evidence printed off from this board to back up my claim that this game could not be played in a manner reasonbly expected, the retailer had no choice, EA might refuse to refund you, but you've paid for a product which clearly doesn't function as it should, they will only bully you into submission if you allow them to, they hope you'll just go away.

I suggest you stick with it and demand whatever consumer  rights your country gives you. To many people just accpet this dire situation, and thats why EA/Criterion keep on pushing out games which are broken when released, Fifa is another fine example.

Message 77 of 162 (1,098 Views)

★★ Novice

If you're in the UK you could look into the distance selling act, but not sure how it applies to digital media...

I just headed to metacritic and checked out the scores for the PC version.

4.5 / 10

Says it all for me.

Message 78 of 162 (1,032 Views)

★★ Novice
So disappointed in the lack of feedback from EA/Criterion. Don't they at least realize that to just indicate towards some sort of a resolution will help out so much. Whether the news is good or bad - we just want to be kept updated instead of just being kept in the dark hoping and wishing for a neglected problem to be solved that seemingly may never happen.

If you really don't know how to keep your frustrated.client base happy, here's a little example of the least you can do....
eg. EA Customer Support: "Hey guys we are still working on the Autolog disconnecting issues. Hang in there."
Message 79 of 162 (1,029 Views)

★ Novice

I purchased Need for Speed Most Wanted about three weeks ago and I had the same issue from the beginning.

I thought it was my internet, but now it's crystal clear that it's autolog problem.

From the only answer of EA admins to this topic so far, I assume they are still working on solving the problem. But at least they could add some more comments so that we know something is in progress.

Message 80 of 162 (1,013 Views)