Re: Autolog constantly disconnecting

by Hotchymotto

Original Post

★★ Novice

The following is text from an online chat I had with an advisor at EA.  We ran some diagnostics and determined that the issues were originating with my internet service provider.  I highly recommend going through these steps with an online advisor to determine if your issues are the same as my own.

You are now ready to chat with Anshul.

AnshulThanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Anshul. How may I assist you today?

youHi

youHaving trouble with autolog disconnecting.

youHave opened all recomended ports. Turned off firewall. No anti virus running.

youRouter connection is good

AnshulMay I know from how long you are facing this issue?

youAbout two weeks. Since I started using the multiplayer function.

youSometimes the connection will last through one to two challenges/races. Sometimes it will disconnect mid race. Sometimes it will disconnect before a race/challenge begins,

AnshulAre you getting error when you disconnects with autolog?

youThe message generally reads. Lost connection with other players or lost connection with autolog or must be connected to autolog. Seems like random reasons that are given.

youNo error code.

youI've gone through pretty much all of the suggestions I could find on the forums. http://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed-Most-Wanted/Autolog-constantly-disconnecting/td-p/192292/pag...

youThe comments here were mostly agitated but a few people made some seemingly good suggestions.

AnshulCan you please provide me your UO trace report so that we can check it?

youHow do I find/generate one?

AnshulI am giving you all the steps for this.

youAll ears.

AnshulPlease download your UO trace program from here:-
http://d2ro3qwxdn69cl.cloudfront.net/documents/uotrace.exe

AnshulNow please follow steps from this link, you will get steps with screenshots here:-
https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-uo-trace

youPinging in progress

AnshulOkay, take your time. I am here with you.

AnshulJust in case you get stuck with any step, let me know. I’m here with you.

youAll good so far. Have about 70 packets on the first run.

AnshulYou can attach your report with your case by following these steps:-
Click on Manage your Account > My Conversations or go to help.ea.com/en/my-conversations/.
Open the current Conversation you wish to attach a file to.
Click on "Attach files..." on the bottom right of your Conversation.
Choose the file you wish to attach and select "Open."
Be sure to write a note in the white box above the Attached files... and Add Comment buttons.
Click "Add Comment" to attach this file successfully.

AnshulAre we connected?

youYes, sending the first poll results now

AnshulOkay, please let me know when you attached your files.

youShould be attached

AnshulThanks.

youRunning the second trace now

AnshulI hope you are not facing any trouble following the steps.

youGood so far. About half way through the second poll.

AnshulOkay, take your time. I think I find the issue I just want to be sure with your second poll result.

AnshulIs it completed now?

youJust about to upload

AnshulGreat!

youJust attached the second poll result

AnshulThanks.

AnshulI have checked your both files and find that this is a issue with your internet connection. 
You have high data lost in your connection.'

AnshulYou can also see it in your files.

AnshulYour data lost is upto 7%.

AnshulIt must be 0% or 100%.

AnshulTo resolve this issue I request you to please contact your Internet Service Provider and ask them to fix this for you.

AnshulAlso show them your UO trace results so that they can better understand your issue.

youI see. So this would indicate an issue with the service on their end?

AnshulYes, this is a issue at their end, may be this is because of some ports, so they can fix it for you.

AnshulIs there anything else that you wish to know?

youSounds like a good plan. Thank you for the help today. Would you mind if I post the content of our conversation on the community forums so that others might benefit from the knowledge as well. There seems to be a lot of confusion about this issue and many people are placing blame on the origin and aulolog programmers.

AnshulYes, it depends on you and you can post it on our official forums.

youGreat. Well, thanks again for your help and have a good remainder to your day.

AnshulYou are welcome.

AnshulIt was my pleasure to help you today.

Message 141 of 162 (1,433 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem on PC!

On PS3 and PS Vita no conection problems.

What your internet service provider say aboud this problem?

Message 142 of 162 (1,397 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey Mario,

Have been working with the ISP.  Below is a message from them showing where we are at the moment.  I guess at this point I'm returning to EA support to see what other solutions might be found.  Need to study up a bit on what the latency issue is.  I was also recently reading an article about connection issues like this being related to COM or PCI port assignment issues.  Am going to try updating the BIOS on my motherboard to see if this might help.  

More to come...

"Good Evening,

I'm sorry it took longer than usual to get back with you. Our Network engineer that usually handles these types of issues was unavailable. He did receive your tracerts and ping tests though. Here's the response he sent to me:

I’ve tried pinging each of these addresses directly, as well as running a trace route to the farthest address.  In each case, none of these devices appear to be responding to ICMP.  If the devices will not respond to ICMP then the 100% packet loss might be explained by that.  The important thing to observe would be the increase in latency.  Fortunately the jump in latency is only like 130ms which isn’t great, but isn’t enough that would cause all that noticeable of an impact with standard services..."

I'm not sure what exactly your still experiencing in terms of connectivity, but so far they aren't really seeing anything network related that would be the cause of it. From what I gather. Those hops in the tracert that register 100% just won't register the pings for some reason, but he doesn't think this is affecting service adversely as the latency is the real thing to look at. If you would like to troubleshoot further, just give us a call. Thanks!

--Ernest"

Message 143 of 162 (1,383 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm getting disconnected too. When I enter the game, I can connect to Autolog, but when I'm trying to search for public game, "Game has lost connection with Autolog". I have never played even second in multiplayer in contrast to you, guys. I want to tell you, EA, that you are perfidious scum. That game was released two years ago and people still have problem with Autolog. It's not rocket enginnering, you could have solved this, if you ever wanted to. I've bought this game for multiplayer and I got dissapointed.

Message 144 of 162 (1,373 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello i got same problem like you but no one replies and please dont check shad's reply. It is not working anymore. I have sent a mail but no one replies to me. Do you have any idea of it? Also, i added port. It doesnt work

Message 145 of 162 (1,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fast forward to 2016, me and a friend both experienced the same problem when playing nfs: mw for the first time today. Each of us were disconnected multiple times, after a couple minutes of playing. Both of us use Ethernet connections so no packet loss there. We live in different cities and play lots of other multiplayer games without any disconnects, no packet loss when playing other games. I guess there's packet loss because the EA network drops the packets, due to the infrastructure being overloaded on weekends and whenever a new game is launched, or an old one is handed out for free, as is the case today.

This has nothing to do with anyone's ISP, no need to bother those poor chaps.

Message 146 of 162 (802 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You would think after all these years there would be a solution to this problem. Guess they don't give a hoot since its a free game. Get what you pay for !! I'd be pissed if I payed money for this. Bring back Motor City Online EA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 147 of 162 (777 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried the suggested UOTrace and found that I really have between 0% and 1% packet loss, so there may be a problem on my ISPs side, maybe I'll contact them about that.

BUT

You might ask yourself then: "Why is this the only game I have this problems with?".

This is exactly the right question. It's a fact that EA support is only telling the half truth about that. The other half is this:

Any internet application MUST NOT assume that every IP packet is successfully transmitted. It MUST be able to cope with some packet loss. Not being able to do this means that the network code is bad.

That's why about every other game I have does not have this problem.

Message 148 of 162 (714 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Fast torward to 2016. Thats what I mean. I have same problém since I started playing this game online 3 days ago. And I read posts of people having this trouble 3 years ago and since then no solution or update.was done?....seriously omg
Message 149 of 162 (640 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i made a post now in 2016, just to remind them that nothing is solved by now, they responded this in 2012 when the game was released and now they dint even care about this autolog * bugs, i think is a good game but with this damm bugs and disconnects i cant play it anymore, if no solution will be given to this problem soon i will have this game out of my library!!

Message 150 of 162 (604 Views)