Re: Remapping gamepad controls

by EA_Najat

Original Post

Remapping gamepad controls

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My question is: How do I unassign mapped controls?

I recently installed the game and was told in order to use my gamepad, I'd need to set it up. I did so, mapping most of the keys. The gamepad now worked - it was even recognised in the game menu.

When I played the game, however, I discovered that pressing the brake made the pause menu come up. I can't figure out why but my guess is that it was due to cancel/accept being mapped to the same buttons as brake/accelerate (although the accelerator works fine).

UPDATE: Yes, the back button is also the pause button. How about letting me know that in the in-game menu?

Not only can't I figure out how to remove the option, I can't even change the option to another button or a keyboard shortcut. When I go to reassign it, the prompt appears, I press a whole lot of buttons, give up and press esc (cancel).

I can't play the game without the brake like previous NFS games so an answer to this question is appreciated.

UPDATE: Problem 1 is solved only to make way for a much more confusing one.

So I notice the RESET button under the input device title and it unbound all the mapped controls.

Now, though, the prompt comes up and won't assign any inputs I make.

UPDATE: I left the controls unmapped and restarted Steam and managed to remap the keys. Anytime I want to change a mapped control I have to reset all of them, save that setting and start over again.

Message 1 of 3 (902 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@shadreesden 

I don't know if that will help but I've gathered all the information available about controls and controllers:

You can have look, particularly the last part about keyboard problems. 

Message 2 of 3 (891 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It doesn't help. I did see that page but the problem isn't addressed.

Message 3 of 3 (868 Views)