Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed does not run at all!

by Zeke1902

Original Post

Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed does not run at all!

★★ Novice

Well first off, yes I know this board is for Hot Pursuit, but there is no board for Shift 2 so I am placing this here.

I bought this game about three weeks ago on steam.  Steam has been giving zero customer support as far as getting this game to work or offering a refund.

I have tried every possible solution in the book as far as any article I could look up with similar problems that were reported to EA customer support.

The issue I am having is activation.exe launches, I enter my serial and it is accepted...as soon as I click okay the application closes and the game DOES NOT launch at all.

I have tried:

-removing activation.exe and shift2u.exe from DEP

-reinstalling the game

-reinstalling physx

-reinstalling the latest graphics drivers for nvidia 640m and EVEN older graphics cards, all with no success

-I have run the program in adminstrator mode with windows 7 compatibility

-I have tried activating it both offline and online

Nothing works, this game fails to cooperate.  Steam refuses to offer any sort of refund or support aside from typical "copy and paste answers" which is an absolute shame.  I am in the military so my time on the internet is extremely limited as is, and so is spending time to try fixing this game.

Any help offered that has not been listed above is welcome.

Message 1 of 27 (7,504 Views)

Re: Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed does not run at all!

★★ Novice

Bumping because I still need help with this.

Message 2 of 27 (7,459 Views)

★★ Novice

Bump, I was looking forward to playing this game, trying to relive my love for driving games again, only to be punched in the face with this.

Message 3 of 27 (7,448 Views)

★★ Novice

Unfortunately I have to bump this again because I'm still having issues.

Message 4 of 27 (7,424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

am also having this problem. Would be great if it could get fixed.

Message 5 of 27 (7,414 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I would like to ask you some questions about this issue.

Have you bought the game via Steam and is it a digital copy?

This might sound obvious but can you please confirm this?

Message 6 of 27 (7,404 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't know about the topic creator, but mine is a digital copy of the game on steam yes.

Message 7 of 27 (7,397 Views)

★★ Novice

My copy is also from Steam.

Message 8 of 27 (7,381 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@bradcq wrote:

I don't know about the topic creator, but mine is a digital copy of the game on steam yes.

That confirms what I was thinking but indeed the code should work.

I do not think this is due to a firewall or something like this but you can still try to verify the settings.

If ever you have Origin installed on your computer you can try to redeem the code via Origin and launch the game via Origin (more details can be found below.) 

Can I add an EA game that I purchased outside of Origin to my Origin Game Library?
Currently all EA games released in 2009 or later can be added to your Origin Game Library.  We’re working to enable this option for EA’s older titles as well. At this point, all of the following titles are enabled for this feature:

• Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
  • Need For Speed: Shift
  • Need For Speed: The Run
  • Need For Speed: Undercover
  • Shift 2 Unleashed
Message 9 of 27 (7,379 Views)

★★★ Novice

It doesn't work through origin either. The exact same thing happens. It accepts the cd key to add it to your library but then every time you try to play, an activation wizard menu comes up, and the same loop happens where this menu pops up every time you hit play and the game still won't launch.

Message 10 of 27 (7,361 Views)