Re: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit progress not saving on PC / Steam

by Straatford87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit progress not saving on PC / Steam

★★★ Novice

I recently purchased Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit on Steam.  My progress isn't being saved, and I'm having a devil of a time finding a solution to this.  Is there one?  Can it be alleviated?

Message 1 of 17 (21,273 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Fixed - and it's really easy.  I just run it as admin, and go under properties - compatibility, change settings for all users, and check run this program as an administrator.  I found that any game that saves data locally requires this for some reason.  This fix has worked for many others.  I hope this helps...

View in thread

Message 8 of 17 (24,525 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hi @Full_Metal_Bacon.

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit automatically saves your game. The game does everything for you so no need to look into that. The default location for your saves on your computer is:

Documents/Criterion Games/NFS:HP/Saves. 

I hope this answer your question. If you have anything else, be sure to reach out to me!

Message 2 of 17 (21,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello @Straatford87,

I am also having the same problem, and it is not auto saving, whenever I close the program (Need for Speed Hot Pursuit). And open it back a while later, all of my progress is lost. Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Message 3 of 17 (21,097 Views)

EA DICE Team

@syncmasterlenovo

Depending on which program you use, Steam or Origin, make sure you turn on Cloud Storage (Steam has this option as well), your saves shouldn't be deleted like this.

Message 4 of 17 (21,093 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello @Straatford87,

It shows an error message when I start Need for Speed Hot Pursuit:-

Directory Creation Error

Error trying to find the Directory for the Game Config File: Citerion Games\Need for Speed(TM) Hot Pursuit\

This means that you will not be able to save your configuration settings, bet the game will run with the default settings

Full Error Message: The

and then Need for Speed starts, with all progress lost.

Message 5 of 17 (21,085 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yea. I also got the exact same problem. Just purchase the game on Steam yesterday and each time i try to launch the game, the same message pops up. Hope @Straatford87 can provide a simple tutorial on how to fix this.

Message 6 of 17 (21,076 Views)

EA DICE Team

@jwtoh @Full_Metal_Bacon @syncmasterlenovo

The issue might have something to do with the installation directory Steam uses for this game. Sadly, that is not something I am able to troubleshoot.

What we can do is try the game via Origin, can please contact a Game Advisor and have the game transferred to Origin:

1. Go to https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ -- do not use a mobile device to contact us
2. Select your country from the upper left corner. If it isn't listed, try US or UK
3. Select Game, click Next
4. Select Platform, click Next
5. Select Topic and Issue and give a description, click Next
6. Select the method in which you want to contact us
7. Some contact options might not be available depending on the time at which you place your request

Doesn't work? Select another game, topic or issue. You can also press F5 to reload the page or try another browser.

Unable to login on your account? Click "Having trouble accessing your account?" at the bottom right of the screen, during the login step.

Message 7 of 17 (21,063 Views)

★★★ Novice

Fixed - and it's really easy.  I just run it as admin, and go under properties - compatibility, change settings for all users, and check run this program as an administrator.  I found that any game that saves data locally requires this for some reason.  This fix has worked for many others.  I hope this helps...

Message 8 of 17 (24,526 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Full_Metal_Bacon

Thanks a lot for providing us with the solution. I hope this will help a lot of users who are experiencing the same issue.. :eahigh_file:

Message 9 of 17 (21,050 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tried to follow the same steps but it didn't work, I'm running the game on Windows 10 x64. Any ideas what else should I try?

Message 10 of 17 (20,765 Views)