Re: Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (press continue)

by EA_Najat

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem with my Origin installed NFS Hot Pursuit.

I contacted support via email and this was the option that worked for me:

If you are an user of Avast then you can try this:
-Open Avast-Settings-Troubleshooting-Enable Hardware-Assisted Virtualzation, disable it (uncheck the box) and restart your computer.

I have Avast and that was the problem for me.

Hope this works for others as well ^^

Message 41 of 49 (4,142 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you verry much, Taz3608 and mrdanderfluff,

It's work for me ! I can now playing this game.

Message 42 of 49 (4,125 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you. This works for me perfectly!

Message 43 of 49 (4,100 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Look. I know this is an old post, but I just bought this game on Window's 8 and I have done everything said in this conversation. It just keeps flashing. I bought through amazon and installed through origins. I'm gonna be straight forward and say either this gets fixed somehow or I want a refund. This is making me kinda mad. My computer is far better then what is recommended on the game. Please try to help me out cause this is a great game and I really don't want this to be happening!

Message 44 of 49 (3,791 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks a lot for the tip about Avast setting. I've had the same problem until I unselected this setting. Surprisingly, the games was running fine under XP through Origin but would not work anymore after upgrading to Win7 (still running it through Origin). Have had Avast free version since ever. Maybe a new Avast setting.

Message 45 of 49 (3,726 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

• Solution 1
    Installing the game updates via Origin.
    For those who own a physical copy they can update the game by creating a digital copy with Origin and installing the game updates from their Origin Client.

• Solution 2
    For players who are using Avast as their security software here is a solution provided by two community members Taz3608 and  Mrdanderfluff :

@mrdanderfluff wrote:

I had the same problem with my Origin installed NFS Hot Pursuit.

I contacted support via email and this was the option that worked for me:

If you are an user of Avast then you can try this:
-Open Avast-Settings-Troubleshooting-Enable Hardware-Assisted Virtualzation, disable it (uncheck the box) and restart your computer.

I have Avast and that was the problem for me.

Hope this works for others as well ^^

Message 46 of 49 (6,886 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Message 47 of 49 (3,080 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Pardon me, but I do not use Avast. My install is using only what Microsoft provided. What about a solution for those who were instructed by Steam to contact EA for a solution and for those who refuse to use crappy AV / IS protection. This is not a solution for the other 90% of us who cannot get this now usless game running on their Machines. Because lets face it. Windows 7 is soon going to be at an END OF LIFE CYCLE with Microsoft before you know it, than what? We all wasted our money because EA / Criterion Games doesn't want to acknowlege the problems we face with this game? It is not a driver issue for those of us with ATI video cards, it is an operating system issue. And this game will not run in "Compatibility Mode" no matter what one does.

Any solutions for the rest of us would be nice.

Message 48 of 49 (2,945 Views)

★ Guide

Make sure your "only what Microsoft provided" have some exceptions for Origin client, NFS11 and NFS Launcher.

Try to make some updates for your Windows, if you have cracked Win... 1st install win loader by DAZ.

If doesen't work install again win7 non-updated and 1st launch the game. ......... then install updates 1 by 1

Message 49 of 49 (2,937 Views)