Making a disk into a digital copy

by Koopa97

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Making a disk into a digital copy

★★★ Newbie

Hi there! My current copy of NFS Hot Pursuit is not working, I want to make it digital but the only way is to buy it or if the disk worked. Is there anyway i could move the lisence or something and get just a digital copy? Also Im the only owner and bought it brand new. 

Message 1 of 5 (322 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Making a disk into a digital copy

Community Manager (retired)

@Koopa97 

When and where did you buy the game?

Depending on the answer, you might want to read this: Obtaining a Replacement Registration Code

Typically the serial number is located on the back of the CD or DVD case, on the lower left hand section. In cases where the game was bundled by Gateway or purchased through Scholastic, the serial number may be found in one of three other locations:

• The inside of the case
  • The back of the manual
  • On a separate piece of cardboard or paper

NOTE  Depending on your retailer the product code might be printed on your receipt.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (318 Views)

All Replies

@Koopa97 

Actually you should be able to make a digital copy of your game in Origin.

If you would like to use your serial key in the Origin client  to create a digital copy of the game, you can.
Follow the steps below in order to redeem the code:

1. Log in to Origin with the EA account you would like your game added to.
  2. Click on the Origin menu on the top left.
  3. Select "Redeem Product Code."
  4. Enter the serial key from the back of your game manual.

The game will be added to your "My Games" section of Origin.

Message 2 of 5 (314 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It's not on my manual and I don't have my case anymore. All I have is my disk and manual.
Message 3 of 5 (306 Views)

@Koopa97 

When and where did you buy the game?

Depending on the answer, you might want to read this: Obtaining a Replacement Registration Code

Typically the serial number is located on the back of the CD or DVD case, on the lower left hand section. In cases where the game was bundled by Gateway or purchased through Scholastic, the serial number may be found in one of three other locations:

• The inside of the case
  • The back of the manual
  • On a separate piece of cardboard or paper

NOTE  Depending on your retailer the product code might be printed on your receipt.

Message 4 of 5 (319 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me it says "this code has already been used". Wellm duh, it was used by me when I installed it the first time. So does that mean I cannot use that code to reinstall the game to play it again?

Message 5 of 5 (285 Views)