How do I set-up my Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel for NFS Hot Pursuit?

by gannerm

Original Post

How do I set-up my Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel for NFS Hot Pursuit?

★★★ Newbie

When I go into the control set-up,  it can see the device but when I try to configure the controls, it just shows LS whatever way I turn the wheel or whatever button I press.

I have set-up the profile in the Logitech software.

The wheel works fine with NFS Shift/shift 2

HELP!!

Message 1 of 8 (15,706 Views)

Re: How do I set-up my Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel for NFS Hot Pursuit?

Community Manager (retired)

@gannerm 

Here is what you can try in order to troubleshoot this issue:

Controller Information

• CONTROLLER CONFIGURATIONS

Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit can be played with many popular gamepads and controller devices. If your device is not recognized, or if you'd like to modify the configuration the game has pre-assigned to your controller, select ‘Controls’ through the Options menu. The re-mapping tools in this menu allow you to change your button configuration for optimal play.

When you re-map your controls the new configuration is saved in this location:

For Windows XP:

• \Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Criterion Games\Need for Speed(TM) Hot Pursuit\Save\Default\controls.NFS11Save

For Windows Vista/Windows 7:

• \Users\<username>\Documents\Criterion Games\Need for Speed(TM) Hot Pursuit\Save\Default\controls.NFS11Save

• CONTROLLER PROBLEMS

To correct any controller problems, properly configure and calibrate the device from the Windows Control Panel.  If the problem continues, disconnect the device from your computer before playing Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit. Always ensure the latest manufacturer drivers are installed for your device.

Examples of Controller Problems:
    - Menu items are automatically scrolled through with no user input.
    - Your car makes erratic movements that are not intended (such as continually turning).
    - Certain movements do not occur when the proper direction is pressed.
    - Sluggish response on slower machines.

• KEYBOARD PROBLEMS

Some newer keyboards do not allow certain combinations of more than two keys to be pressed simultaneously. For example, if you were pressing both the <A> key to accelerate and the left arrow key to turn, and you pressed the <C> key to change your view, the view may not change. Unfortunately, this problem is due to a limitation of the hardware.

While it is possible to bind game controls to the F12 and Print Screen keys, these keys may also retain their original function and can interfere with gameplay.

Message 2 of 8 (15,692 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The remapping screen initially has them all set to unbound. When I try to assign any of them they just get set to "LS" whatever I do.

This is very frustrating. Am I doing something wrong?

Message 3 of 8 (15,687 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@gannerm 

I believe this is the wheel  you're using.

Have you had the chance to download the software that comes with?

Message 4 of 8 (15,681 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, that's the wheel. I've installed the Logitech gaming software, created a profile for NFS Hot Pursuit and pointed it at the executable. By the way, the wheel works fine with NFS Shift and Shift 2.

Message 5 of 8 (15,673 Views)

★ Novice

I'm actually having the same problem. I played the game before and never finished it. I just finished playing Far Cry 4 and thought I'd go back to racing games for a bit. Installed everything, and same problem. Any time I try to configure any of the settings, it automatically fills in <LS> as soon as I hit ENTER.

Message 6 of 8 (15,474 Views)

★★ Novice
Re-calibrate the pedals or select send pedals as combined axis, within profiler device settings.
Its most likely seeing 'up' being pushed via the gas pedal.....
Message 7 of 8 (15,430 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

For Windows XP:

• \Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Criterion Games\Need for Speed(TM) Hot Pursuit\Save\Default\controls.NFS11Save

Is it the same file for win 10?

Message 8 of 8 (3,294 Views)