Game Says I'm too Young???

by joseph604

Original Post

Game Says I'm too Young???

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

For some reason, I am unable to play this game as a multiplayer. I get a pop up that says I'm too young, for which I am not...I am well over 10yrs old. The EA symbol pops up as well as an error message. This is not the first time with one of your EA Games. How do I return this Rated E+ game back to the store, once it has been opened?? 

Message 1 of 5 (5,418 Views)

Re: Game Says I'm too Young???

Community Manager (retired)

Hello joseph604

If the platform used is an Xbox 360, please find below some details about this error message:

• Xbox Underage Account Error FAQ

I get an "Underage Account" Error when trying to access certain games or specifically their online component on Xbox 360. How do I fix this?

If you're receiving an error restricting you from access to areas--or the entirety--of your any of your games due to any sort of "Underage Error," this is caused by a problem with the Date of Birth on your Xbox LIVE account, which was entered during registration.

Unfortunately, our team is unable to assist with errors of this nature as they originate with your Xbox and its configuration, rather than the game being played.

For more information on Xbox LIVE online safety and privacy settings and child account settings (set by Xbox for users under the age of 18), please go here.

Please know that changing the parental permissions and other settings does not guarantee access to the servers, as Xbox may still deny access based on the age on the account. For further assistance or information regarding this error, please contact Xbox Support.

We hope this helps.

Message 2 of 5 (5,388 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The solution to this problem is not obvious, but thankfully it will be easy, all you need is a few minutes and a PC:

1. Setup an EA/Origin account if you don't already have one

2. Download the Origin Client (do this even if you don't PC Game!)

3. Logon to the origin client with the account you setup. 

4. Click on the Friends button on the upper right hand side of the client window

5. Click on Add Friend or the small button at the bottom right of the pane that has the person icon with a + sign next to it

6. On the left side of the screen under Import Friends there is an Xbox Live emblem, click connect

7. Enter your Xbox Live/Windows Live information and Sign In

At this point your Xbox Live Gamertag should be linked to your EA/Origin Account. You can also add any Xbox friends who also use Origin from here. It took me awhile to figure that out, but it should work for you - had the same issue on my Son's Xbox Live Account and NFS:HP. The above steps resolved this problem.

Message 3 of 5 (5,190 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it says i am to young on need for speed hot prusuit and most wanted how do i play online

Message 4 of 5 (3,171 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@getinsideways 

Have you had the chance to contact Xbox Support like I have advised here?

Message 5 of 5 (3,152 Views)