Will couch Co Op be added to NHL15 ?

by avda12

Original Post

Will couch Co Op be added to NHL15 ?

★★★ Newbie

To whom it may concern,

I have and always will be an avid fan of the NHL series, I have bought every iteration since 1998, and have done so eagerly awaiting the newfound improvements in gameplay as well as countless other modes. NHL 15 on xbox one is a pinnacle in next-gen gameplay and is unparalleled in it's realism as a sports simulation. I have never enjoyed playing this series more.

However, I have one major qualm with this year's version, and that is the exclusion of guests in online versus play. Whether ranked or unranked, the inclusion of guests adds an incredibly exciting dimension to playing this game. Being able to score a goal against a real opponent, from a pass directly received from your best friend, sitting beside you on the couch is without a doubt the most stupendous feeling I have ever had playing a video game.

This year's version has everything I could want except for the ability to play "couch co-op" with my friends. Playing against the AI with friends, while exciting at first, becomes dull after a certain point. It is the thrill of knowing a living human being is controlling the other team that excites us and gives us an equal thrill in scoring that goal or making that pass.

I am writing this message to plead with the developers to include this mode in an update. While I know they have been successful in releasing online team play, I do not believe this allows guests to join either. If nothing else I would be infinitely appreciative if any information on this subject could be relayed to me. I appreciate any and all efforts and hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Alexandre Diament-Agar

Message 1 of 21 (2,194 Views)

Re: Will couch Co Op be added to NHL15 ?

★★★ Newbie
This is the best part playing custom matches with friends, but we can't just 1v1 or against ransoms. Coop on line team play is needed.
Message 2 of 21 (2,149 Views)

★ Novice
thank u for that post.. could not have written it better
total agreement
Message 3 of 21 (2,111 Views)

★★ Novice
Agreed. Well wrote.
Message 4 of 21 (2,104 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

EA ADD ONLINE CO-OP EVERYONE WANTS IT

Message 5 of 21 (2,093 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Signed in just to agree with this. 

Message 6 of 21 (1,985 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't believe that I actually went and bought this game without knowing what's in it. In NHL 14, all I played was EASHL and online co-op and now both of them are gone. The online co-op has always been the best part of NHL because you get to enjoy the game with your friend sitting next to you. Nobody wants to play against AI...

After all, it's all about the communit,y and if EA doesn't patch the online co-op to this game, even though people really insist it, I'm done with the franchise. I can't believe how EA dares to steal the money from the fans with an un-finished game. This is what happens if there's no real competition in the market...it's so sad.

Please give us the online co-op. It's not too late for it!

Message 7 of 21 (1,949 Views)

★★★ Newbie

very well said... created an account just to join the cause.

hope this gets a legitimate response soon. 

Message 8 of 21 (1,932 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Perfectly executed avda12.  It is the greatest feeling in the world playing with a friend.  I really wish EA would respond to this issue and let us know if it's even easily possible to add it in via an update.  Otherwise, tells us it will not happen and we will find a different game to fall in love with.  Love NHL couch co-op - Greatest video game experience that exists (or rather, existed).

Message 9 of 21 (1,926 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also signed in just to agree

-- Also how you not gonna allow players to save team strategy settings in Be a GM?

Message 10 of 21 (1,885 Views)