Unable to "BUY-IT-NOW" from auction house???

by khager8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to "BUY-IT-NOW" from auction house???

★★★ Newbie

Everytime I try to use the "Buy-It-Now" feature in the Auction House the game kicks me out back to the main menu and says "Failed to retrieve data; try again later." I have enough coins to purchase yet it's not working. This is very aggrevating as I can only use the "Bid" option and 95% of the time I lose the auction due to an outbid or someone uses "Buy-It-Now". So I went 1 week without hearing from them after emailing so I decided to use the "CHAT" option and they said "They know of the failed to retrieve error, and are working on a fix, I must wait and be patient". :catmad: I tried explaining it wasn't just a failed to retrieve error but they insisted on ending the chat. So I'm going on 2 weeks now without any email or response from them, and I am still unable to use the feature in the game. Is anyone else out there having this problem?

Message 1 of 6 (2,654 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to "BUY-IT-NOW" from auction house???

★★★ Newbie

Whomever may have this issue try this, it worked for me!

Clear Cache and Alternate MAC Address for Xbox One

1. Go into the Alternate MAC Address section of their Xbox One by the path below:

- Settings
- Network Settings
- Advanced Settings
- Alternative Mac Address
- Select Clear

2. shut down the console
3. disconnect the power cord from the back of the Xbox One and wait two minutes.
4 plug the power back in and wait for the power bricks light to go from White to Orange, Once the power brick has the Orange light, start the console and try the game again.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (2,667 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

We are having the exact same issue.  They promised to get back to us and that was a week ago.  Now I can't even find a phone number.  Awful service!!!

Message 2 of 6 (2,640 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Whomever may have this issue try this, it worked for me!

Clear Cache and Alternate MAC Address for Xbox One

1. Go into the Alternate MAC Address section of their Xbox One by the path below:

- Settings
- Network Settings
- Advanced Settings
- Alternative Mac Address
- Select Clear

2. shut down the console
3. disconnect the power cord from the back of the Xbox One and wait two minutes.
4 plug the power back in and wait for the power bricks light to go from White to Orange, Once the power brick has the Orange light, start the console and try the game again.

Message 3 of 6 (2,668 Views)

★★★ Novice
The new Gen of consoles needs hard reset for just about everything
Message 4 of 6 (2,624 Views)

★★★ Novice

This did NOT work.  So what do I do now?

Message 5 of 6 (2,588 Views)

★★★ Novice

Old topic, still have this problem on PS4, no update, no answer...nice work EA!

Trick I found it's to bet before you buy it now. Doesnt work everytime but almost. 

I have my account for long time and work great but than I created an account for my son and his work fine never did this on his account but mine everytime I log in buy it now kick me out if I don't place a bet before, Number of time I didn't think about that and miss a great deal...

I know EA you are not use to work on update on "old" game but come on, this maybe can help your reputation to make a game work like it suppose too...

Thank you

Message 6 of 6 (2,549 Views)