PS4 NHL 15 Crash Error CE-34878-0

by rickyh2315

Original Post

PS4 NHL 15 Crash Error CE-34878-0

★★★ Newbie

Everytime i go to finish a game the application closes. I recieve the Error CE-34878-0 and have to start over. Also having no auto save is a bit odd considering the amount of space the game takes about already. Very frustrating and may have to trade this game back in.

Message 1 of 10 (5,536 Views)

Re: PS4 NHL 15 Crash Error CE-34878-0

★★★ Newbie

Same problem.  Exchanged my disc.... same problem.  Happens to me when i'm about it enter a shootout in HUT, or just completely randomly even when scrolling through menus.

Basically can't play the game... thanks EA

Message 2 of 10 (5,489 Views)

★★ Novice
Playing Be A Pro, I can finish one game without issue second game crash's.. I reinitialize my ps4, restore my saves.. Play one game without issue, second game crash's.. I can only get one game between resets.. Please patch ASAP as the game is unplayable.. Why did I pre-order this.. Sigh..
Message 3 of 10 (5,465 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Um, that's not an EA error, that's a Sony error code. Try going to settings> intialization> and doing a quick initialization of the console. Otherwise, follow the directions on the link below. 

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5111/~/ps4%3A-error-codes

Message 4 of 10 (5,460 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The problem is with your backed up saves. That application that runs the game is pulling from bad/corrupted saves. You need to delete all your online saves, then do an initialization. If the issue persists, you'll need to contact Sony, as that's an issue with the console, not the game itself. 

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5111/~/ps4%3A-error-codes

Message 5 of 10 (5,459 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem.  This is the only game I have that problem with. It is random.  It does not happen every day.  It did happen the first couple of times during the same game which I had to play 3 times before it finally let me advance.  The only thing that changed between the first two was that I won big and the last time I lost.  It is random, doesn't happen every day, and it doesn't matter how much I play.

By the way the error code indicates there is problem with either the application or system, so the fact that you are having it does not mean it is system related.  If it were system related you would also have the issue with other games not just this one.

Message 6 of 10 (5,442 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had this problem too.  Exchanged discs at Gamestop and even reinitialized my PS4 just like the Sony site said to do and still get this error when I play NHL 15 on the PS4.  BTW, I have Shadowfall and have yet to have it crash like NHL does.

Message 7 of 10 (5,376 Views)

★ Novice
I've had it happen in games where I win in a blowout, or a late game highlight is shown with the score out of hand. I can play Destiny for hours and nothing like this happens. Instead of blaming the console for a crash EA, why don't you investigate your shoddy coded game? It's easier to blame other companies for your own mistakes and problems.
Message 8 of 10 (5,257 Views)

★ Novice

im having the exact same problem. ive exchanged the system twice now and the game twice. same deal. all other games have worked fine. 

Message 9 of 10 (4,909 Views)

★★ Novice

I had/have this same issue  with that error message with NHL 15.

I tried all the suggestions of that Sony link and the errors are a fewer a part now.  I have exchanged my PS4 for a new one and still receive this error only with NHL 15.

If this is due to corrupt data, is NHL 15 causing an erorr and is saving corrupt data? 

It seems to me even though this seems to be a Sony error that it is being produced quite frequently with the NHL 15 game only.

Message 10 of 10 (4,890 Views)