NHL 16 - Key Feature (Custom Music)

by arago216

Original Post

NHL 16 - Key Feature (Custom Music)

★★★ Newbie

Just want to take a minute and praise the EA crew. Regardless of the negative social media feedback that this game gets, I am a 21-year buyer of this game and will always support it (since NHL 94 on Sega). I understand a lot of features were removed this year and I am fine with that. I remember when NHL 07 launched on Xbox 360 for the first time and a lot of features went away. It made you realize how many things really aren't important, and how you build a great game from the foundation - which is great gameplay. So I think EA is off to a great start with NHL 15's gameplay, and I know the game will continue to get better in the future as it always has.

Having said that, I know there are a lot of requests for features to be in next year's game. If I had to pick one thing to return above everything else, it would be to bring back custom music. It is truly amazing how great the "authentic arenas" are this year. Madison Square Garden in this video game is breathtaking, and the true arena experience comes to life in this game. However, I give it an A- grade. Nothing completes the authentic arena experience more than hearing the home team's goal song.

I understand there are copyright laws and royalty issues with the game acquiring the goal songs from teams & arenas. That's fine. Just bring back the option to use music stored on Xbox One as the team's goal songs. We don't need the options to change intro songs / intermission songs / game-winning songs. Very simple... one feature.... custom goal songs. 

I really think a small feature like that would go a long way. If somebody at EA is reading this, please forward it to Rammer or somebody on the development team. I think it would make a lot of fans happy.

I look forward to NHL 16. Thanks for reading! 

Message 1 of 2 (4,981 Views)

Re: NHL 16 - Key Feature (Custom Music)

★★★ Newbie

I miss Custom Music so much

Message 2 of 2 (1,589 Views)