Re: Live The Life consistently freezing (Xbox360)

by Purzatronchik

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys i was wondering if any of u had ideas of how to fix this becuz the same problem is happening to me! I always simulate to try to play my next game vs the Mississauga Steelheads but the game keeps freezing, forcing me to restart the whole console. It is very annoying. This has happened to me on NHL 14 too. Im starting to think to buy an xbox one. Any answers????

Message 71 of 80 (1,982 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm going to go ahead and bump this thread, since the EA guy is reminding people that this is a technical support forum, and this particular question is very tech support related.

No one has found a fix, but there is a work-around. Your best option is to NOT play in the CHL. We think the problem only happens when you play in the CHL. perhaps this is why EA's stellar testing team missed it.

Message 72 of 80 (1,781 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still happening. Now I got as far as March before the game froze. I hate this so much. Come on EA! Issues like this really affects your credibility.

Message 73 of 80 (1,734 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

the game has been out over 6 months... they still haven't fixed this... are... you... kidding me...

Message 74 of 80 (1,722 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Just in case anyone out there has not given up on the game (and I would not blame you if you did) there's no solution but there is a TEDIOUS workaround... Well, I've found a workaround after futzing with this problem for two weeks now. I'm not sure if it will get me through the entire CHL season but I'm crossing my fingers.

First, I'm pretty confident the freeze happens due to the post/pre game interviews. Seriously EA? NBA2K has better presentation on these things other than just text and it never crashes! I'm positive it's the simple text interviews futzing up the progression or some line of code connecting it to something else in the game that gets stuck in a loop or it could be certain questions triggering it. When you find a game save that does not freeze you'll see that a pre/post game interview will stop the SIM progression at the exact same spot the game froze for you. At least this has been the consistent behavior for myself.

On to the tedious solution:

You have to keep a butt-load of saves, I'm talking 9-18. Save after every game and move on to the next save for the next game.

When the game FUBARS, just start reloading the previous saves and SIM past the game you just played, until you find the save that does not crash your system.

Don't bother playing the game you crashed on again. Your only hope is to sim past it.

Here's a major caveat. DO NOT SIM TO A GAME DAY. Sim to a day you do not have a game.

This so far has worked for me (Electronic Arts seriously owes me for consuming my bloody time with beta testing their programming). It's a time a waster so as other's have said in this thread it might be better to simply scrub the CHL altogether and go right to NHL Draft.

Hope this helps you rightfully frustrated loyal EA NHL fans out there. Good luck.

EDIT AFTER FUTZING WITH THIS FOR TWO MORE HOURS: Just EFF CHL, STOP BUYING EA SPORTS GAMES EVERY YEAR AND START IN THE AHL.

Message 75 of 80 (1,474 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Aj yeah, I took so many hours to find a workaround, but for nothing, because in the start of NHL 15 on last gen, after you got through the draft etc. to your NHL team, the game didn't freeze anymore. Ever since the update that "fixed LTL" broke it. You can't find any ways around the freezing, because they "fixed" the ways around it to make it impossible to play. I've been drafted 1st overall, 6th round, whatever, and as soon as I start playing NHL / next season in the OHL (always for the Generals, you know it BEBEH!) it just goddamn freezes 2-3 weeks after the preseason is over.

Message 76 of 80 (1,431 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello all,

I just bought this game used and had the same issue as all of you. I have, however, found the solution (I think!!).

What happens randomly, but fairly frequently in hockey?

Injuries.

Turn them off before any games have been played, and voila. No more freezes.  I've managed to sim through 2 CHL live the life seasons with no freezes. Previous to changing the setting, I was lucky to get 2 weeks.

Cheers. Hope this helps someone out there.

Message 77 of 80 (1,096 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I had this issue with 2k sports 2010 or 11 or 12, i forget which one it was. However, after a constant freeze on the same day every time I tried it, somewhere in the middle of the season with me playing as Boston vs the Minnesota Wild, I returned the game and got the same one again. And wouldn't you know, the same problem on the same day with the same teams. So I tried it again and got a third 2k Sports hockey game. Conclusion something is wrong with the actual programming on the disc because the third one didn't work either. So I moved to EA Sports, that particular game which I believe was actually 2012 worked fine. I played many seasons both as multiplayer on GM mode and by myself on the live the life mode. So I bought NHL 15 and guess what, EA Sports has become 2k sports. The disk programming is screwed my problem is in the playoffs with me being a left winger for the Spokane Chiefs and I'm facing that doesn't really matter who but this particular one is the Silvertips. Game one I actually played and lost. Game 2 it froze so i reset everything and try it again, frozen on the loading screen for the game. I managed to sim the second game which my team won. And the fries just moved to the day in between games 2 & 3. I can't play the third game I can't zoom the third game I can skip past it if I sim on the calendar and then my guy will go from first-round draft status to not drafted at all. And I can send the whole rest of the next season never playing one game and on and on and on that way I can sim years on the calendar. However, it's pointless nothing but retiring players stops the sim. That and the coach that says you earned 0 xp because you completed all your 0 expectations but because he didn't have any expectations you didn't complete any of them so whatever program is screwed up EA Sports is at fault they should but won't give people refund or at least the coupon for a serious amount off next year's title.
Message 78 of 80 (1,031 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue with ps3, 3rd career now frozen at 12/30/14, always on the same fricking day! C'mon EA, fix it or give us our money back!

Message 79 of 80 (893 Views)

★★★ Newbie
delete all your save NHL15 from console, and start new game, and, it's important, TURN OFF INJURIES.
enjoy play without freezing.
this is my game, 3 season in WHL.
Message 80 of 80 (728 Views)