Custom music Off Play does not work?!

by jaf65

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Workaround] Custom Audio Issues

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

In the Custom Audio, I have noticed that the Break In Play / Offplay Tracks do not play.

Also there is still the issue with the Home Win Custom Audio where the game would either freeze, or not play the music. (this was an issue in NHL 13 as well)

Is anything being done to resolve these?

Message 1 of 61 (5,242 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Custom Audio Issues

EA Staff

@anthp24 wrote:

Looks like this is only happening if you have both Home Goal Horn AND Home Team Win with custom audio.  I turned off the Goal Horn one and everything works fine now. 

The dev team has identified the source of the issue, and is working on a permanent fix for the crash. Its been tracked down to occur only when a user has both the Home Goal Horn, and Home Win custom music events used at the same time. As anthp24 found, if either of those are disabled, the crash should not occur.

Please try disabling either the custom Goal Horn, and / or Home Win custom music events, if you run into any more crashes please let us know.

We’re still looking into the off-play and and Break-in play tracks, appreciate your patience. 

View in thread

Message 8 of 61 (5,052 Views)

All Replies

Custom music Off Play does not work?!

★★★ Novice

Custom Music Off Play does not work!? I can hear my custom Music on all other events, but not Off Play! Heard of other people having the same issue!

Will this be fixed in the release next week?

I am a Season Ticket member and playing on an Xbox.

Cheers!

Message 2 of 61 (5,206 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please start having online beta releases.  It's not good to keep having the same game bugs every year.  Especially big ones that hamper the very reason people buy this game from year to year..

Message 3 of 61 (5,212 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
Hey guys, thanks for this report.

I've checked with the team and they are aware of the issue, and working on a resolution. I'll let you know when I have any more elements. Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 4 of 61 (5,190 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Workaround: to avoid the bug from happening until it is fixed, refrain from using custom music for the moment.

[edit] Marked as solution until a fix is implemented

[edit2] Kristi's message below has a better temporary solution. Standard smile

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 5 of 61 (5,120 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wait... this is a FIX? or a Fix until a solution is implemented???

I have been using custom music since NHL 10... every year... its just as much a part of the game to me as the game itself...

This is unreal. I would like to know one simple answer.

1.) Will a fix be coming for this bug? (Yes or No)

I dont want to keep this game if its gonna start off like this so Ill be bringing it back, nor do I want to wait under the assumption... "It may or might be fixed" I want to know that it will be 100% its just a question of when.

Message 6 of 61 (5,102 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Looks like this is only happening if you have both Home Goal Horn AND Home Team Win with custom audio.  I turned off the Goal Horn one and everything works fine now. 

Message 7 of 61 (5,032 Views)

EA Staff

@anthp24 wrote:

The dev team has identified the source of the issue, and is working on a permanent fix for the crash. Its been tracked down to occur only when a user has both the Home Goal Horn, and Home Win custom music events used at the same time. As anthp24 found, if either of those are disabled, the crash should not occur.

Please try disabling either the custom Goal Horn, and / or Home Win custom music events, if you run into any more crashes please let us know.

We’re still looking into the off-play and and Break-in play tracks, appreciate your patience. 

Message 8 of 61 (5,053 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've had both the goal horn song & home team win and not have any issues outside of the game sometimes freezing while loading Meadia Hub. Hope a fix for the offplay music comes quick, only thing I don't like about the game.

Message 9 of 61 (4,989 Views)

★★ Novice

same to me. the game freeze while I edit my custom musics too. its annoying cuz I have to quit the game a restart. happened since nhl 12 stills not fix

Message 10 of 61 (4,921 Views)