Trouble with faceoff

by mrrth666

Original Post

Trouble with faceoff

★ Novice

When I play on Pro and settings are High Impact or Simulation I havent won any faceoff (guess I had around 200 faceoff in Pro) but if I go down to Rookie I win all faceoff and it does'nt matter what settings I have (High Impact, Simulation or Hardcore Simulation). Its quite annoying knowing that I cant win faceoff at Pro.

Any tip or is Pro simply that much harder?

Message 1 of 3 (167 Views)

Re: Trouble with faceoff

Anonymous

Well pro is definitely harder so it does obviously impact the faceoffs too. What is your faceoffs stat?

Message 2 of 3 (147 Views)

Re: Trouble with faceoff

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

There are many tips to faceoffs and there was a good thread started by someone here before, try to find it describing which type of face off is better versus which setup the oppsoing team is using each faceoff.

That part i don't yet know well enough but as you set up you can hold the right stick either left or right depending on whether you want to win it back left or right.

The setup in the options for faceoffs using left bottom trigger and select is also important now (VERY) ,depending on whether you want o scrum the draw defensive, or win clean aggressive ,having your winger in the one timer positon for a clean draw win, or just regular face off setup.

Obviously dont use aggressive in your own end.

There are so many setups to discuss ,for defensive , you hold the right stick to whichever side is your stronger side or according to which setup opposing Centre uses and then if you move left  stick forward it is a stick lift  tie up and your winger should come in and take puck..

Another sefensive draw is hold right stick then draw same  stick in circle up left or right depending on hand of Centre and direction you want to win it back.

Then offensive draws are hold right stick and draw the same stick back in circle to left or right again depending on handedness of Centre and direction you want to win draw.

You will need to test all these several hundred times to ge tthe timing down but usually as you see refs finish his setup start  thats when you start to use the right stick movement but you need the right stick held before the ref starts his set up  if u choose to have that type of face off)

Hope this helps rather then confuses ,and I am def no expert just  trying to learn as well.

And the draws are a LOT harder from rookie to pro ,also once the momentum kicks in against you it is like your centre has no stick and is just there to watch the face off ,you will never win a draw at times against AI once momentum has taken over)

Message 3 of 3 (143 Views)